Global IT Solution Integration Industry
The global IT solution integration industry is expected to generate revenue of close to $340 billion by 2017, according to research carried out by Global Industry Analysts. Market growth drivers include rising demand for enterprise application software, a trend toward data center consolidation and virtualization, and the increasing necessity of application integration.
To better brave an increasingly competitive market, companies are constantly seeking to provide business partners, employees and clients with on-demand services as well as information taken from an array of data resources. Companies are therefore obliged to integrate multiple applications, such as legacy applications and programs, and to add integrated set-ups.
Businesses seeking to optimize application integration for maximum flexibility and in a short time frame represent a growing customer base for integration solutions and services.
- The global enterprise resource planning (ERP) software industry is expected to witness almost 8% yearly growth between 2011 and 2014, reports TechNavio. Industry performance is being fuelled by ERP capacity to integrate with organizational activities across the board. Small and medium-sized companies represent a growing source of demand for ERP software. Potential stumbling blocks for market growth include slow revenue turnaround times and implementation processes. Infor Global Solutions, The Sage Group, SAP and Oracle are leading industry players currently operating in the global ERP software market.
- SME demand for SaaS-based human resources management (HRM) continues to fuel growth in the global SaaS-based HRM sector. Yearly growth of 13% is forecast for the four-year period ending 2015, according to research from TechNavio. Data security concerns may, however, slow expansion in coming years. Top vendors in the SaaS-based HRM sector include Oracle, Workday, SAP and Ultimate Software Group. The global SaaS-based HRM industry continues to witness a rising number of acquisitions.
- TechNavio estimates the global SaaS-based supply chain management (SCM) software market will maintain yearly growth in excess of 20% between 2010 and 2014. Ketera Technologies, JDA Software, Descartes Systems and Ariba Technologies currently dominate the market. Industry growth is being driven in part by widespread use of web-based computing. Similar to the SaaS-based HRM market, data security concerns may also represent an obstacle to growth in the global SaaS-based SCM market.
- Fuelled by increasing demand for business process automation, the global enterprise service bus (ESB) suites market is set to generate revenue of close to $3.5 billion by 2014, reports TechNavio. Another source of potential growth involves demand from small and medium-sized businesses. The rate of adoption of ESB suites may be hampered by the elaborate IT infrastructure of larger scale companies. Top vendors operating in the ESB suites market include Microsoft, Oracle, Software AG and IBM.
- Between 2011 and 2015, the worldwide market of application infrastructure and middleware (AIM) is set to record close to 8% yearly growth, according to research from TechNavio. Operational cost cuts represent a major factor fuelling market growth in this sector. However, the industry needs to tackle lack of awareness. Leading industry players operating in the global AIM market include Microsoft, Oracle, Software AG, IBM and TIBCO Software.
Top players currently operating in the global technology system integration market include Oracle, IBM, T-Systems, Wipro, Northrop Grumman, Infosys, CapGemini, BT, Fujitsu, Hitachi, Tata Consultancy Services, NEC, LogicaCMG, Lockheed Martin, Hewlett-Packard, Atos, Indra Sistemas, Science Applications International, Computer Sciences Corporation and Accenture.
Virtualization will continue to pave the way for consolidation of IT resources, providing significant opportunities for growth in the global systems integration market, reports Global Industry Analysts. It encourages reduction in power/energy consumption, and consolidation of IT resources. Virtualization also guarantees the continuity of business IT set-up, and reduces space requirements. IT systems integration and consulting services should witness increasing growth opportunities due to consolidation of storage, applications, servers, desktops and data.
With plans for increased government spending aimed at improving IT infrastructure, it is forecast that systems integration services in the public sector in particular will witness strong growth over the coming years. Demand for systems integration will benefit from state organization implementation of enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems. Similarly, the introduction of public safety and convenience solutions is also expected to fuel demand for systems integration moving forward.
Leading Industry Associations
- Software and Information Industry Association
- Information and Software Industry Association
- Philippine Software Industry Association
- Association of Software Professionals
- Business and Application Software Developers Association
You might be interested in these related markets