Although the international economy has not yet fully recovered, the global market for aviation security is expected to improve this year and beyond: According to private research firm Visiongain, the market for global aviation security is expected to reach $20 billion in 2011.
The industry will evolve in the near future, with growth in the civil aviation security market due to recent adaptive measures and higher demand for specific products such as perimeter security, camera surveillance, biometric scanners and baggage scanners.
In emerging and developed markets, airport expansions and upgrades will increase to accommodate the growing number of travelers, with security product and service needs rising at the same time.
- North America, which has invested the most in security measures, will continue to lead the global aviation security market.
- Asia Pacific and the Middle East are important for industry growth: As the Middle Eastern economy expands, the domestic demand for civil aviation and investment in infrastructure have been boosted accordingly. In both Asia Pacific and the Middle East, new airport construction and a soaring demand for air travel are strong drivers for the global aviation security market.
- Emerging economies are expected to provide new growth opportunities in coming years, with changing demographics and infrastructure development in these nations likely to have a significant impact on the global security industry.
Key Players – Global Aviation Security Market
- American Science and Engineering, Analogic Security Systems, ARINC, ASSA ABLOY, Aviation Security Company Limited, Avsec Global, Bosch Security Systems Detection Monitoring Technologies (DMT), ECSI International, EuroElektronika UAB, Future Fibre Technologies (FFT), GE Security, G4S, Guardian Technologies International, ICTS International, Image Scan Holdings, JP International Aviation Security, L-1 Identity Solutions, L-3 Communications, Magal, NICE Systems, NUCHTECH Company, Panasonic System Solutions Company, PELCO, RapiScan Systems, Raytheon Company, Reveal Imaging Technologies, Safran, Seal & Go BV, Securitas AB, Smiths Detection, TraceGuard Technologies, TransSecure, Unisys Corporation, Verint Systems and Zareba Security
Recent Industry News – Global Aviation Security
- Dubai's international airports signed an agreement with the Dubai Police that will enhance security procedures.
- The US TSA is seeking to replace airport pat-downs and and body scanners with background checks in a new frequent flyer program.
- In Canada, the NDP political party and local unions have spoken out against slashing airport security staff.
Upcoming Events – Aviation Security
- The 2nd Annual Geospatial Summit will be held in Budhapest, Hungary, on June 1-3.
- The Air Mission Planning Conference's annual meeting will be held in London, England, on June 8-9.
- The NAVFAC Atlantic Industry Forum will be held in Virginia, US, on June 30.