FINANCE May 4, 2012 | 10:02 AM
PF Chang’s China Bistro Inc, the largest US full-service Asian restaurant operator, has agreed to a takeover by private equity firm Centerbridge Partners LP for $1.1 billion.
PF Chang’s accepted the deal after four quarters of slumping sales, where the chain had difficulty competing against competitors that offer both quality food items and low prices.Read more »
FINANCE April 12, 2012 | 11:30 AM
US phone carrier AT&T Inc. is selling its majority stake in its Yellow Pages Unit (YP Holdings LLC) to private-equity firm Cerberus Capital Management LP for $950 million.
The deal includes 1,200 print Yellow Pages directories, the online directory yp.com, AT&T’s local ad network and the YPmobile app. It does not include AT&T AdWorks. The print version of the Yellow Pages reaches 150 million homes and businesses in 22 states.Read more »
FINANCE April 5, 2012 | 2:43 PM
Avon Products Inc. has rejected a $10 billion bid by Coty Inc. to purchase the struggling beauty-products seller. This was the second bid by Coty, which made a first bid in March that was also rejected.
Avon says the bid is too low, and that there is no difference between it and the previous one. Coty is willing to increase its bid if Avon can prove it is worth more, but Avon says the bid is nonbinding and does not constitute a real offer.Read more »
FINANCE April 4, 2012 | 11:42 AM
Dutch electronics company Philips has finalized terms for a joint venture with Hong Kong-based TVP Technology for the transfer of its struggling television arm.
Computer and LCD screen manufacturer TVP will have a 70% stake in the new TP Vision business, which will be based in Amsterdam. Philips will hold the remaining 30%.Read more »
FINANCE March 16, 2012 | 4:59 PM
Youku Inc. and Tudou Holdings Ltd., China’s two largest online video companies will merge in a $1 billion all stock deal.
The new company, to be called Youku Tudou Inc., will hold a one-third market share in the crowded Chinese video market. It will be headed by Youku chairman and CEO Victor Koo.Read more »
FINANCE March 5, 2012 | 2:59 PM
Apple recently became one of only six US companies to ever reach the $500 billion level in market value – although none of its predecessors have managed to maintain that status for long.
Investors, however, remain hopeful after Apple's last quarter report showed over $46 billion in revenue, marking one of the largest quarterly gains in the history of any technology firm.Read more »
FINANCE February 17, 2012 | 4:08 PM
Kellogg will buy Pringles-brand snack chips from Procter & Gamble for $2.7 billion after a previous deal with Diamond Foods fell through.
Kellogg will pay nearly $2.70 billion in cash and take on $2 billion in debt, which adds to the $5 billion it already has in long-term debt. The food giant is known globally for its cereal products, but is also known for its snack products.Read more »
FINANCE February 6, 2012 | 12:54 PM
Japanese electronics giants Panasonic, Sharp and Sony are all racing toward record loses for the fiscal year ending in March.
Losses can be attributed to competition from foreign rivals, especially South Korean-based Samsung Electronics, as well as weak demand for the trio’s televisions. The yen reached its highest post World War II value in October 2011, and the strength of the currency is eroding away at the profit of Japanese exporters.Read more »
FINANCE February 2, 2012 | 2:23 PM
Facebook Inc. has filed paperwork with regulators for inclusion on a US stock exchange. The online social network did not list an exchange but did file for the ticker “FB”.
In the filing, Facebook said it hopes to raise $5 billion; however, some analysts say that figure is more likely $100 billion. It will take months before the final figure is set.Read more »
FINANCE January 27, 2012 | 12:37 PM
Swiss-owned pharmaceutical giant Roche has plans to take over San Diego-based Illumina Inc, which focuses on gene-sequencing. The announcement comes after Illumina rejected previous offers from Roche to negotiate a buyout.
Roche proposes to purchase all Illumina common stock at a price of $44.30 per share, which places Illumina’s value at $5.7 billion. According to Bloomberg, this is 32 times greater than the $1.39 per share predicted by analysts this year.Read more »
Reportlinker.com © Copyright 2013. All rights reserved.