Table of Contents
Timetric’s 'Life Insurance in China, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018' report provides detailed analysis of the market trends, drivers, challenges in the Chinese life insurance segment. It provides key performance indicators such as written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions during the review period (2009–2013) and forecast period (2013–2018). The report also analyzes distribution channels operating in the segment, and provides detailed information on the competitive landscape in the country.
The report brings together Timetric’s research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on segment dynamics and competitive advantages, and profiles of insurers operating in the country. The report also includes details of insurance regulations, and recent changes in regulatory structure.
Timetric’s 'Life Insurance in China, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018' report provides in-depth market analysis, information and insights into the Chinese life insurance segment, including:
- The Chinese life insurance segment’s growth prospects by life insurance category
- Key trends, drivers and challenges for the life insurance segment
- The various distribution channels in the Chinese life insurance segment
- The detailed competitive landscape in the life insurance segment in China
- Detailed regulatory policies of the Chinese insurance industry
- Analysis of various consumer segments in Chinese life insurance
- New product launches of the leading life insurers
- Key developments of the leading life insurers
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the life insurance segment in China:
- It provides historical values for the Chinese life insurance segment for the report’s 2009–2013 review period, and projected figures for the 2013–2018 forecast period.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key categories in the Chinese life insurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2018.
- It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions.
- It analyses the various distribution channels for life insurance products in China.
- It profiles the top life insurance companies in China and outlines the key regulations affecting them.
Reasons To Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using in-depth historic and forecast market data related to the Chinese life insurance segment and each category within it.
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities in the Chinese life insurance segment.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the life insurance segment.
- Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics in key product categories.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Chinese insurance industry and their impact on companies and the industry's future.
- With the exception of the life segment’s decline in 2010–2011, the segment’s gross written premium increased at a CAGR of 7.1% during the review period.
- The Chinese insurance regulator introduced many regulatory changes in the review period.
- According to CIRC, the rigid interest rate ceiling, adopted in 1999, hampered the development of life insurance, making all the products similar in nature.
- In August 2013, the CIRC lifted the interest rate cap of 2.5% on guaranteed life insurance products.
- Life insurers in China have long been deviated from selling core life insurance products including term-life and whole life to its consumers.
- Their focus has always been on saving and investment related plans with protection as a supplement product.
- Despite the domination of agencies, bancassurance is growing and had a share of 39.5% of the total new written premium in 2013.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Factors such as voluminous increase in the number of subscribers, need for high optimization & increased cost savings, and ability to measure the performance of a service & Quality of Service are driving ...
“IoT insurance market to grow at a CAGR of 65.89% between 2016 and 2022” The global IoT insurance market is estimated to be worth USD 42.76 billion by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 65.89% between 2016 ...
"CSPs are demanding assurance solutions for NFV/SDN with cloud, analytics and automation features; this change is creating opportunities for vendors and disruption across the assurance value chain." This ...