PLUNKETT'S AIRLINE, HOTEL & TRAVEL INDUSTRY ALMANAC 2013
-Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
-Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
-Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
-In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
-Buyer may register for access to search and export data at Plunkett Research Online
Statistical Tables Provided: 21
Companies Profiled: 332
Geographic Focus: Global
A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms. You will gain vital insights that can help you shape your own strategy for business development, product development and investments.
-How is the industry evolving?
-How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
-How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
-What is the size of the market now and in the future?
-What are the financial results of the leading companies?
-What are the names and titles of top executives?
-What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
Contents, Statistics, Forecasts and Analysis Include:
Major Trends Affecting the Airline, Hotel & Travel Industry
1) Introduction to the Travel Industry
2) Discount Airlines Compete with Legacy Airlines
3) Global Airlines Facing Challenges/Partnerships Proliferate
4) Some International Airlines Cut First Class Seats
5) ADS-B Improves Air Traffic Control
6) Private Jet Rentals Continue in the Form of Fractional Share Ownership
7) Boeing and Airbus Enjoy Boom in Orders/Major Aircraft Market in China
8) New Aircraft Designs Offer Greater Passenger Comfort/More Efficient Engines
9) In Flight Wireless Takes Off
10) Air Traffic Grows/Airports in Middle East and Asia Have Strong Traffic
11) Huge Travel Markets in China and India
12) Booking Travel Over the Internet Becomes the Norm
13) Sustainable Tourism and Ecotourism Grow as Certification Standards Emerge
14) Hotel Market Rebounds/Pod Rooms Grow in Popularity
15) Cruise Industry Bookings Hold Steady
16) New Technologies Show Promise for Port and Airport Security
17) High Speed Passenger Trains, Including Maglev, Gain New Acceptance
18) Self-Check-In Kiosks, RFID and Other New Technologies Save Labor Costs for Airlines and Hotels
19) Aging Baby Boomers Will Cause Significant Changes in the Leisure Sector, Including Sports and Activity-Based Travel
20) The Future of Travel
Airline, Hotel & Travel Industry Statistics
1) Airline, Hotel & Travel Industry Overview
2) Air Carrier Traffic Statistics, U.S.: 1981-2011
3) Air Carrier Traffic Statistics, U.S.: 12 Months Ended April 2012 and April 2011
4) U.S. Aviation Industry Average Annual Percentage Growth Forecasts by World Region: 2011-2032
5) Total Scheduled U.S. International Passenger Traffic, U.S. Commercial Air Carriers: 2000-2032
6) International Visitor Arrivals to the U.S.: 2000-2011
7) International Visitor Arrivals to the U.S., Forecast: 2012-2016
8) Domestic Airline Jet Fuel Prices, U.S.: January 1986-April 2012
9) Quarterly System Operating Profit & Loss Margin for U.S. Airlines: 1st Quarter 2011-1st Quarter 2012
10) Top 10 U.S. Airlines & Airports Ranked by 2011 System Scheduled Enplanements
11) U.S. Airline Revenue Passenger Enplanements: January 1996-April 2012
12) North American Cruise Line Statistics: 2005-1st Quarter 2012
13) North American Cruise Passengers by Cruise Line: 2010-1st Quarter 2012
14) North American Cruise Passenger Nights by Cruise Line: 2010-1st Quarter 2012
15) North American Cruise Passengers by Departure Port: 2010-1st Quarter 2012
16) North American Cruise Passengers by Destination: 2010-1st Quarter 2012
17) Amtrak Ridership, Monthly: January 1991-March 2012
18) Highway Vehicle Miles Traveled, U.S., Monthly: January 1990-March 2012
19) Transportation Services Index, U.S.: January 1990-May 2012
20) Percent Change in the U.S. Transportation Services Index (TSI) from Year-to-Year: 2003-2012
21) Employment in the Airline, Hotel & Travel Industry, U.S.: 2004-2011