PLUNKETT'S TELECOMMUNICATIONS INDUSTRY ALMANAC 2013
-Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
-Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
-Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
-In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
-Buyer may register for access to search and export data at Plunkett Research Online
Statistical Tables Provided: 18
Companies Profiled: 416
Geographic Focus: Global
A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms. You will gain vital insights that can help you shape your own strategy for business development, product development and investments.
-How is the industry evolving?
-How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
-How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
-What is the size of the market now and in the future?
-What are the financial results of the leading companies?
-What are the names and titles of top executives?
-What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
Contents, Statistics, Forecasts and Analysis Include:
Major Trends Affecting the Telecommunications Industry
1) Introduction to the Telecommunications Industry
2) A Brief History of Deregulation
3) Local Landline Service Suffers; Bundled Services Pick Up Some of the Slack
4) 3G Cellular Systems, Including EV-DO, Are Enhanced/HSPA+ Offers High Speed Competition to 4G
5) LTE Offers 4G High-Speed Wireless Networks
6) Wi-Fi Is Pervasive and Indispensible
7) Chinese, Indian and African Cellphone Markets Skyrocket
8) VOIP Use Soars and Threatens to Revolutionize Telecom
9) Telecom Equipment Makers Face Intense Competition from Manufacturers in China
10) TV over IP—Telecom Companies Enter the Television Market
11) Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH) Gains Traction
12) Global Broadband Market Nears 2 Billion Subscribers, Fixed and Wireless
13) Cable Providers Compete Aggressively For Telephone and Internet Access Business
14) Telecommunications Systems Move Online Including Unified Communications, Telepresence
15) Carriers Eliminate Unlimited Access Plans for Smartphones and Landlines, Up Profit Potential
Telecommunications Industry Statistics
1) Telecommunications Industry Overview
2) Quarterly Telecommunications Industry Revenue by Class of Customer, U.S.: 1st Quarter 2011 - 1st Quarter 2012
3) Wired Telecommunications Carriers, Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2007-2010
4) Wired Telecommunications Carriers, Estimated Breakdown of Revenue by Type of Customer, U.S.: 2007-2010
5) The Baby Bells Then & Now
6) Household Wired Telephone Subscribership, U.S.: November 1983-July 2011
7) Annual Personal Consumption Expenditures on Telecommunications, U.S.: 1980-2011
8) Cellular & Other Wireless Telecommunications, Estimated Sources of Revenue, U.S.: 2007-2010
9) Top Mobile Operators by Number of Subscribers, Worldwide
10) Internet Access Technologies Compared
11) Wireless Standards & Speeds
12) Satellite Telecommunications, Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses: 2006-2010
13) Internet Service Providers: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2006-2010
14) Number of Business & Residential High Speed Internet Lines, U.S.: 2008-2011
15) Cable & Other Program Distribution, Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2006-2011
16) Quantity & Value of Quarterly Shipments of Telecommunications Equipment, U.S.: 2010-2nd Quarter 2011
17) Imports & Exports of Telecommunications Equipment, U.S.: 2006-1st Quarter 2012
18) Employment in the Telecommunications Industry, U.S.: 1990-2011