PLUNKETT'S WIRELESS, WI-FI, RFID & CELLULAR INDUSTRY ALMANAC 2013
• Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
• Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
• Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
• In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
• Industry Glossary
• Buyer may register for access to search and export data at Plunkett Research Online
Statistical Tables Provided: 11
Companies Profiled: 325
Geographic Focus: Global
A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms. You will gain vital insights that can help you shape your own strategy for business development, product development and investments.
-How is the industry evolving?
-How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
-How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
-What is the size of the market now and in the future?
-What are the financial results of the leading companies?
-What are the names and titles of top executives?
-What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
Contents, Statistics, Forecasts and Analysis Include:
Major Trends Affecting the Wireless, Wi-Fi, RFID & Cellular Industry
1) Introduction to the Wireless Industry
2) 3G Cellular Systems, Including EV-DO, Are Enhanced/HSPA+ Offers High Speed Competition to 4G
3) LTE Offers 4G High-Speed Wireless Networks
4) Wi-Fi Is Pervasive and Indispensible
5) MIMO (802.11n) Enhances WiMAX, the High-Speed Wireless Wave
6) Bluetooth Provides Wireless Connectivity to Millions of Cellphones and Other Devices
7) Handset Makers Adopt Android, Push Advanced 3G and 4G Smartphones
8) RFID Drives Inventory Management Evolution
9) Supply Chain Management (SCM) Software Combines with Wireless
10) Self-Check-In Kiosks, RFID and Other New Technologies Save Labor Costs for Airlines and Hotels
11) Wireless Information Systems Surge Ahead in Vehicles: Telematics, ITS and More
12) Cellular Phone Subscriptions Worldwide Top 5.9 Billion
13) Cellphones Revolutionize Life in Emerging Nations/mChek and M-PESA Enable Remote Banking
14) Chinese, Indian and African Cellphone Markets Skyrocket
15) Wireless Devices Become a Fast-Growing Market for Electronic Games/Angry Birds Major Success
16) Kindle, Tablets like iPad and Smartphones like iPhone Deliver Entertainment/eBook Sales Soar
17) Video Via Cellphone and Mobile TV Gain Subscribers
18) GPS and Location Based Services (LBS) Enhance Cellphone Subscriptions
19) Location Based Advertising and Mobile Advertising on Cellphones Grow Quickly
20) Apple Rules in Apps/Android Plays Catch-up
21) Smartphones Aid Wireless Payments/Square Soars as a Mobile Merchant Transaction System
22) In-Flight Wireless Takes Off
23) M2M: Wireless Sensor Networks to Boom/Nanotechnology Applications are Promising
24) Nanotechnology & MEMS Applications in Optics and Displays Lead to a Breakthrough in Wireless Device Screens
25) Carriers Eliminate Unlimited Access Plans for Smartphones and Landlines; Up Profit Potential
26) Voice Recognition Changes the Wireless World
Wireless, Wi-Fi, RFID & Cellular Industry Statistics
1) Wireless, Wi-Fi, RFID & Cellular Industry Overview
2) Internet Access Technologies Compared
3) Wireless Quick Facts, U.S. 1996-2011
4) Wireless Standards & Speeds
5) Number of Business & Residential High Speed Internet Lines, U.S.: 2004-2011
6) Top Mobile Operators by Number of Subscribers, Worldwide
7) Cellular & Other Wireless Telecommunications, Selected Expenses, U.S. Firms: 2007-2010
8) Cellular & Other Wireless Telecommunications, Estimated Sources of Revenue, U.S.: 2007-2010
9) Satellite Telecommunications, Selected Expenses, U.S. Firms: 2007-2010
10) Satellite Telecommunications, Estimated Sources of Revenue: 2007-2010
11) Wireless Telecommunications Industry (Except Satellite) Employment, U.S.: 2002-2011