PLUNKETT'S SPORTS INDUSTRY ALMANAC 2013
• Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
• Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
• Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
• In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
• Industry Glossary
• Buyer may register for access to search and export data at Plunkett Research Online
Statistical Tables Provided: 9
Companies Profiled: 353
Geographic Focus: Global
A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms. You will gain vital insights that can help you shape your own strategy for business development, product development and investments.
-How is the industry evolving?
-How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
-How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
-What is the size of the market now and in the future?
-What are the financial results of the leading companies?
-What are the names and titles of top executives?
-What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
Contents, Statistics, Forecasts and Analysis Include:
Major Trends Affecting the Sports Industry
1) Introduction to the Sports Industry
2) NFL: The Biggest Money in U.S. Sports
3) Revenue Sharing Boosts Major League Baseball
4) NBA Regroups Under New Contract
5) NHL Team Differences Result in Financial Haves and Have-Nots
6) NASCAR Attracts More Viewers/Best Teams Require Massive Investment
7) Television Rights Contracts Bring in Lucrative Revenues for Major Leagues
8) World Soccer Faces Trouble Due to Lack of Parity/MLS Holds Its Own
9) NCAA College Sports Are Big Revenue Earners
10) PGA Golf Tournaments Grow in International Markets/Golf Returns to the Olympics
11) Fantasy Sports Post Growth, Creating $1 Billion in Revenue Online
12) Equipment Manufacturers Scramble to Offer the Latest High-Tech Advantages
13) Lacrosse May Be the Fastest-Growing Team Sport in America
14) Sports Agents Become Indispensable/Sports Marketing Booms in China
15) New Platforms Revolutionize Electronic Games/Microsoft’s Kinect Raises the Standard
16) Online Play/Social Gaming on the Rise
17) 3-D Games Open New Opportunities/Some Safety Concerns Arise
18) Hiking, Walking and Running—The Least Expensive Sports Draw the Most Participants
19) Aging Baby Boomers Will Cause Significant Changes in the Leisure Sector, Including Sports and Activity-Based Travel
20) Athletic Footwear Draws Big Names from Athletes to Designers
21) The Vast Majority of Shoes Sold in the U.S. Are Made Elsewhere
22) Exercise Apparel Sales Rise Slightly
23) Nanotechnology Has a Growing Role in Sports Equipment
24) High-Tech, Nanotech and Smart Fabrics Proliferate
Sports Industry Statistics
1) Sports Industry Overview
2) Selected U.S. Sports Industry Revenues: 2004-2010
3) Sports Industry Expenses & Sources of Revenue, U.S.: 2007-2010
4) U.S. Spectator Sports, Performing Arts & Related Industries, Breakdown of Expenses:
5) Estimated Annual Sporting Goods Stores Retail Sales, Inventories & Purchases: 2002-2010
6) Exports of Sporting & Athletic Equipment, U.S.: 2006-Q1 2012
7) Imports of Sporting & Athletic Equipment, U.S.: 2006-Q1 2012
8) Overview of the Media Contracts of the Four Big Sports
9) Sports Industry Employment by Business Type, U.S.: 2007-2011