PLUNKETT'S APPAREL & TEXTILES INDUSTRY ALMANAC 2013
• Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
• Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
• Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
• In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
• Industry Glossary
• Buyer may register for free access to search and export data at Plunkett Research Online
• Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 12
Companies Profiled: 359
Geographic Focus: Global
A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms. You will gain vital insights that can help you shape your own strategy for business development, product development and investments.
• How is the industry evolving?
• How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
• How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
• What is the size of the market now and in the future?
• What are the financial results of the leading companies?
• What are the names and titles of top executives?
• What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
Contents, Statistics, Forecasts and Analysis Include:
Major Trends Affecting the Apparel & Textiles Industry
1) Introduction to the Apparel & Textiles Industry
2) Globalization: Wages Rise in China/Vietnam, Cambodia and Other Countries Gain Market Share
3) Western Apparel Firms Enter the Chinese Market
4) Working Conditions and Workers’ Rights Become Major Considerations as Work Moves from China to Lower-Cost Nations
5) High-Tech, Nanotech and Smart Fabrics Proliferate
6) Wearable Electronics and Electronics Incorporated into Apparel Begin to Enter the Marketplace
7) Exercise Apparel Sales Rise
8) Athletic Footwear Sales Soar, Draws Big Names from Athletes to Designers
9) 3PL Supply Chain Management Evolves to Serve the Global Market
10) The Vast Majority of Shoes Sold in the U.S. Are Made Elsewhere
11) Bricks, Clicks and Catalogs Create Synergies While Online Sales Growth Surges
12) Alternative Sizing Is Big, But Plus-Size Sales Are Slowing
13) Discount Clothing Retailers See Promise in Designer Lines
14) Luxury Lines Bounce Back
15) Luxury Goes Online
16) Self Service Apparel Fitting Technologies Grow in Stores and Online
17) Fast Fashion: Designers and Retailers Speed Up
18) Apparel Manufacturing Gains Ground in the U.S.
19) Apparel Goes Green
Apparel & Textiles Industry Statistics
1) Apparel & Textiles Industry Overview
2) U.S. Apparel Manufacturing Producer Price Index (PPI): 2003-2013
3) Percent Change in Annual U.S. Apparel Manufacturing Producer Prices: 2006-2012
4) Top 50 Countries Exporting Textiles & Apparel to the U.S., All MFA Fibers: 2011-2012
5) Top 50 Destinations of U.S. Textiles & Apparel Exports: 2011-2012
6) Top 25 Countries Exporting Apparel & Non-Apparel Textiles to the U.S., All MFA Fibers: 2011-2012
7) Top 15 Countries Exporting Fabric, Man-Made Fiber Products, Cotton Products & Wool Products to the U.S., All MFA Fibers: 2011-2012
8) Gross Output in the Textile & Apparel Industries, U.S.: Selected Years, 2000-2011
9) Shipments in the Textile & Apparel Industries: Selected Years, 2000-2011
10) U.S. Retail Sales, Selected Kinds of Businesses: 2006-2012
11) Worldwide Cotton Area, Yield & Production: 2010-2013
12) Apparel & Textiles Industry Employment by Business Type, U.S.: 2008-2013