PLUNKETT'S INFOTECH INDUSTRY ALMANAC 2013
• Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
• Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
• Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
• In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
• Industry Glossary
• Buyer may register for free access to search and export data at Plunkett Research Online
• Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 14
Companies Profiled: 503
Geographic Focus: Global
A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms. You will gain vital insights that can help you shape your own strategy for business development, product development and investments.
-How is the industry evolving?
-How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
-How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
-What is the size of the market now and in the future?
-What are the financial results of the leading companies?
-What are the names and titles of top executives?
-What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
Contents, Statistics, Forecasts and Analysis Include:
Major Trends Affecting the InfoTech Industry
1) Introduction to the InfoTech Industry
2) Hot Fields Within the InfoTech Sector
3) Memory and Storage Needs Soar While Miniaturization Lowers Prices
4) Tablet Sales Soar
5) India and China Computer Markets Targeted by Manufacturers
6) Supercomputing Hits 17.59 Petaflops
7) New Chips Provide Higher Speeds and Lighter Weights/Consume Less Power
8) Open Source Systems Grow/New Operating Systems Set to Launch
9) Cloud Computing, Software as a Service (SaaS) Point the Way to the Future
10) Growth in Big Data Supported by Expansion of Cloud Computing
11) Wi-Fi Enables Wireless Traffic Growth
12) MIMO (802.11n) Enhances WiMAX, the High-Speed Wireless Wave
13) Bluetooth Provides Wireless Connectivity to Millions of Cellphones and Other Devices
14) Global Broadband Market Nears 2 Billion Subscribers, Fixed and Wireless
15) Fiber-to-the-Home Gains Traction
16) Multimedia Hub Homes Slowly Become a Reality/TVs Are Internet Ready
17) Health Care Information Research Remains a Leading Use of the Internet
18) Electronic Health Records (EHR) Digitize Patient Records at an Accelerating Pace
19) Many Industry Sectors Seek Consulting and Outsourcing Income, Competing with Pure Consultancies
20) The Future: Pervasive Computing, Complete Mobility Will Be Standard
21) Nanotechnology Creates Powerful Semiconductors
22) Nanotechnology Holds the Key to the Ultra-dense Molecular Memory of the Future
23) Virtualization of Servers Leads to Data Center Efficiency
24) Breakthroughs Achieved in Quantum Computing
25) Voice Recognition Changes the Wireless World
InfoTech Industry Statistics
1) InfoTech Industry Overview
2) Internet Access Technologies Compared
3) U.S. InfoTech Industry Quarterly Revenue: 2011-2012
4) Expenditures for ICT Equipment & Computer Software for Companies With Employees, U.S.: 2007-2010
5) Software Publishing Industry, U.S.: Estimated Revenue, Inventories & Expenses: 2007-2012
6) Internet Publishing & Broadcasting, Internet Service Providers & Web Search Portals: Estimated Revenue & Expenses, U.S. 2007-2012
7) Estimated Quarterly U.S. Retail Sales, Total & E-Commerce: 1st Quarter 2004-3rd Quarter 2012
8) Top Ten Suppliers & Destinations of U.S. Computers & Electronic Products: 2007-3rd Quarter 2012
9) Value of Computers & Electronic Products Manufacturers' Shipments, Inventories & Orders by Industry, U.S.: 2005-2012
10) Exports, Imports & Trade Balance of Computers & Electronic Products, U.S.: 2007-3rd Quarter 2012
11) Exports & Imports of Telecommunications Equipment, U.S.: 2007-3rd Quarter 2012
12) Number of Business & Residential High Speed Internet Lines, U.S.: 2008-2012
13) Computer Industry Employment by Business Type, U.S.: 2007-2012
14) InfoTech Employment, U.S.: 1997-2012