PLUNKETT'S ENTERTAINMENT & MEDIA INDUSTRY ALMANAC 2013
• Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
• Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
• Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
• In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
• Industry Glossary
• Buyer may register for free access to search and export data at Plunkett Research Online
• Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 16
Companies Profiled: 473
Geographic Focus: Global
A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms. You will gain vital insights that can help you shape your own strategy for business development, product development and investments.
-How is the industry evolving?
-How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
-How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
-What is the size of the market now and in the future?
-What are the financial results of the leading companies?
-What are the names and titles of top executives?
-What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
Contents, Statistics, Forecasts and Analysis Include:
Major Trends Affecting the Entertainment & Media Industry
1) Introduction to the Entertainment & Media Industry
2) Multimedia Hub Homes Slowly Become a Reality/TVs are Internet Ready
3) DVR Market Evolves/Time-Shifting Hurts Advertisers
4) Apple’s iPod and iTunes Set the Standard in the Music Industry/Pandora and Spotify Grow
5) Internet Film and TV Content Grows/Netflix Evolves to Focus on Online Delivery
6) Casino Expansion Underway in Select Locations, including Asia
7) New Platforms Revolutionize Electronic Games/Microsoft’s Kinect Raises the Standard
8) Radio Via IP Grows/The Era of Digital Radio Begins
9) Reality TV Dominates Broadcast Programming/Falling Ratings Force Networks to Find New Ways to Distribute Content
10) Cable and Satellite TV Lose Subscribers to Internet and Wireless Options
11) Video-on-Demand (VOD) and Subscription Video-on-Demand (SVOD) Reap Extra Revenues
12) Telecom Companies, Including AT&T and Verizon, Compete in the Television Market
13) Television Ads Evolve to Face New Challenges
14) High-Definition Grows—UHDTV and Blu-ray DVDs/3-D TV Disappoints
15) Movie Attendance Rises/Film Companies Innovate with 3-D, Digital Projection and Enhanced Cinema Experiences
16) China and India Expand Film and TV Production Activity
17) Global Broadband Market Nears 2 Billion Subscribers, Fixed and Wireless
18) Entertainment-Based Retailing, including Power Towns
19) Videos Via Cellphone and Mobile TV Gain Subscribers
20) Newspapers and Magazines Face Difficult Times
21) Kindle, Tablets like iPad and Smartphones like iPhone Deliver Entertainment/eBook Sales Soar
22) Virtual Worlds Open Up New Revenue Sources for Games Publishers
23) 3-D Games Open New Opportunities/Some Safety Concerns Arise
24) Multiplayer Gaming (MMORPGs) is Strong Worldwide
25) Online Play/Social Gaming on the Rise
26) App Downloads Reach Nearly 50 Billion Yearly
Entertainment & Media Industry Statistics
1) Entertainment & Media Industry Overview
2) Estimated U.S. Information & Entertainment Sector Revenues by NAICS Code: 2007-2012
3) Estimated U.S. Arts, Entertainment & Recreation Services Sector Revenues by NAICS Code: 2007-2012
4) Personal Consumption Expenditures for Recreation, U.S.: Selected Years, 1990-2011
5) Periodical Publishers: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2007-2012
6) Newspaper Publishers: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2007-2012
7) Book Publishers: Estimated Sources of Revenue, Inventories & Expenses, U.S.: 2007-2012
8) Radio Networks, Radio Stations, Television Broadcasting & Cable & Other Subscription Programming: Estimated Sources of Revenue, U.S.: 2007-2012
9) Television Broadcasting: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2007-2012
10) Cable & Other Program Distribution, Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2007-2012
11) Motion Picture & Sound Recording Industries: Estimated Revenue & Inventories, U.S.: 2007-2012
12) Number of Business & Residential High Speed Internet Lines, U.S.: 2008-2011
13) Internet Publishing & Broadcasting, Internet Service Providers & Web Search Portals: Estimated Revenue & Expenses, U.S. 2007-2012
14) Estimated Export Revenue for Information Sector Firms, U.S.: 2007-2012
15) Employment & Earnings in Selected Entertainment & Media Occupations, U.S.: May 2011
16) Employment in Selected Information & Entertainment Industries, U.S.: 2007-Nov. 2012