• Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
• Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
• Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
• In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
• Industry Glossary
• Buyer may register for access to search and export data at Plunkett Research Online
• Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 22
Companies Profiled: 295
Geographic Focus: Global
A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms. You will gain vital insights that can help you shape your own strategy for business development, product development and investments.
-How is the industry evolving?
-How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
-How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
-What is the size of the market now and in the future?
-What are the financial results of the leading companies?
-What are the names and titles of top executives?
-What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
Contents, Statistics, Forecasts and Analysis Include:
Major Trends Affecting the Banking, Mortgages & Credit Industry
1) Introduction to the Banking, Mortgages & Credit Industry
2) For the Long Term in the U.S., Consumers Increase Savings/Less Inclined to Use Debt
3) Aging Populations, Baby Boomers Create Opportunities/U.S. Pension Accounts Top $18.5 Trillion
4) Dodd-Frank Act Increases Regulation of Financial Industry/Basel III Raises Bank Capital Requirements
5) Giant Mergers Change the Face of Global Banking and Investment Firms
6) Investment Firms, Banks Compete for Clients in High Net Worth Households
7) Banks Vie for Previously Underserved Markets and Focus on Hispanics
8) Wal-Mart Launches Bluebird Checking and Debit Service in the U.S./Banco de Wal-Mart in Mexico
9) China’s Banking Market Will See Long Term Growth
10) India’s Foreign Banking Restrictions Ease Slightly/Microloans Grow
11) Credit Default Swaps (CDS) and Derivatives Soar into the Trillions of Dollars
12) Rapid Growth in Online and Mobile Banking
13) Credit Card Issuers Face New Regulations/Enjoy Global Growth
14) Credit Card Technologies Advance with Embedded Chips, Better Security and Contactless Payment
15) Smartphones Aid Wireless Payments/Square Soars as a Mobile Merchant Transaction System
16) In Emerging Nations, mChek and M-PESA Enable Remote Banking via Cellphone
17) U.S. Mortgage Foreclosures Continue in Large Numbers
18) Online Competition Changes the Mortgage Industry
19) Hedge Funds Play a Major Role in Financial Products, Including Derivatives, Lending and Insurance
20) Mortgage Market Facts
Banking, Mortgages & Credit Industry Statistics
1) U.S. Banking, Mortgages & Credit Industry Overview
2) Top 50 U.S. Bank Holding Companies: June 30, 2012
3) FDIC Insured Institution Statistics
4) Number of Failed U.S. Bank Institutions, 1990-2012
5) Deposit Insurance Fund Balance and Insured Deposits, 2006-2012
6) Assets & Liabilities of FDIC-Insured Commercial Banks, Grouped by Asset Size: June 2012
7) Top Ten Federally-Chartered & State-Chartered Banks by Assets: 2012
8) Deposits, Income & Expenses of FDIC-Insured Commercial Banks: June, 2007-2012
9) Assets & Liabilities of Foreign Banking Offices in the U.S.: 2006-2nd Quarter 2012
10) Prime Interest Rate, U.S.: 1955-October 2012
11) Bond Yields & Interest Rates, U.S., Selected Years: 1950-2011
12) Employment in the Banking Industry, U.S.: 2006-2012
13) Homeownership Rates by Region, U.S.: Selected Years, 1960-2011
14) Homeownership Rates by Race & Ethnicity of Householder, U.S.: 1996-2011
15) New Privately-Owned Housing Units Started, U.S.: 1975-2011
16) Mortgage Loans Outstanding, U.S.: 1975-2nd Quarter 2012
17) Home Mortgages by Holder, U.S.: 2007-2nd Quarter 2012
18) Assets & Liabilities, U.S. Agency- & Government Sponsored Enterprise (GSE)-Backed Securities by Holder: 2007-2nd Quarter 2012
19) Consumer Credit Outstanding, U.S.: 1970-2012
20) Consumer Credit Outstanding by Major Holders, U.S.: 2007-2nd Quarter 2012
21) Terms of Credit at Commercial Banks, U.S.: 2006-2nd Quarter 2012
22) Loan Performance, FDIC-Insured Institutions: June 2012