Table of Contents
Timetric’s 'Life Insurance in Japan, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2020' report provides a detailed outlook by product category for the Japanese life insurance segment, and a comparison of the Japanese insurance industry with its regional counterparts.
It provides key performance indicators such as written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, total assets, total investment income and retentions during the review period (2011–2015) and forecast period (2015–2020).
The report also analyzes distribution channels operating in the segment, gives a comprehensive overview of the Japanese economy and demographics, and provides detailed information on the competitive landscape in the country.
The report brings together Timetric’s research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on segment dynamics and competitive advantages, and profiles of insurers operating in the country. The report also includes details of insurance regulations, and recent changes in the regulatory structure.
Timetric’s 'Life Insurance in Japan, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2020' report provides in-depth market analysis, information and insights into the Japanese life insurance segment, including:
- An overview of the Japanese life insurance segment
- The Japanese life insurance segment’s growth prospects by category
- A comprehensive overview of the Japanese economy and demographics
- A comparison of the Japanese life insurance segment with its regional counterparts
- The various distribution channels in the Japanese life insurance segment
- Details of the competitive landscape in the life insurance segment in Japan
- Details of regulatory policy applicable to the Japanese insurance industry
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the life insurance segment in Japan:
- It provides historical values for the Japanese life insurance segment for the report’s 2011–2015 review period, and projected figures for the 2015–2020 forecast period.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key categories in the Japanese life insurance segment, and market forecasts to 2020.
- It provides a comparison of the Japanese life insurance segment with its regional counterparts.
- It analyzes the various distribution channels for life insurance products in Japan.
- It profiles the top life insurance companies in Japan and outlines the key regulations affecting them.
Reasons To Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using in-depth historic and forecast market data related to the Japanese life insurance segment, and each category within it.
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities in the Japanese life insurance segment.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the life insurance segment.
- Identify growth opportunities and market dynamics in key product categories.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Japanese insurance industry, and their impact on companies and the industry's future.
- In 2015, Japan’s life insurance segment was the second-largest globally after the US, and accounted for 10.2% of the global direct written premium.
- Japan’s population is contracting due to a declining birth rate.
- As of 2015, there were 38 insurers operating in the Japanese life segment. It is regulated by the Financial Services Agency.
- During the review period the life segment was driven by demand for traditional products. Individual life accounted for 68.3% of the segment’s direct written premium in 2015.
- The Japanese life insurance segment is mature and highly competitive. A lack of growth opportunities in the domestic market prompted insurers to expand outside Japan.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Factors such as voluminous increase in the number of subscribers, need for high optimization & increased cost savings, and ability to measure the performance of a service & Quality of Service are driving ...
“IoT insurance market to grow at a CAGR of 65.89% between 2016 and 2022” The global IoT insurance market is estimated to be worth USD 42.76 billion by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 65.89% between 2016 ...
"CSPs are demanding assurance solutions for NFV/SDN with cloud, analytics and automation features; this change is creating opportunities for vendors and disruption across the assurance value chain." This ...