1. Market Research
  2. > Energy & Environment
  3. > Energy
  4. > Renewable Energy Market Trends
  5. > India Renewables Report Q1 2017

India Renewables Report Q1 2017

  • November 2016
  • -
  • Business Monitor International
  • -
  • 37 pages

Includes 3 FREE quarterly updates


BMI View:

India has successfully overcome some of the most pressing challenges facing the expansion of its renewables industry, namely inefficient grid networks and inhibitive pre-procurement project risks. Overly aggressive bidding in the auction process and environmental policy slippage are two risks we highlight that have the potential to impede growth over the coming decade.

Latest Updates And Structural Trends



- It was announced in November that Canada-based Brookfield Asset Management is in discussions to purchase Continuum Wind Energy's almost 400MW portfolio of operational wind farms in India. The deal reportedly entails an enterprise value of between INR17bn and INR20bn.

- In November, Suzlon Energy partnered Ostro Energy to develop a 50MW solar project in the Indian state of Telangana. Suzlon has set up a special purpose vehicle to carry out the project. According to a contract signed by the two partners, Ostro will purchase a 49% stake in the SPV, while it also has an option to acquire the remaining 51% in future.

Table Of Contents

India Renewables Report Q1 2017
BMI Industry View 7
Table: India - Headline Renewables Forecasts 7
Latest Updates And Structural Trends 7
SWOT 8
Industry Forecast 9
India Renewables Forecast Scenario 9
Latest Updates 9
Structural Trends 11
Table: Total Electricity Generation Data And Forecasts (India 2014-2019) 17
Table: Total Electricity Generation Data And Forecasts (India 2020-2025) 18
Table: Electricity Generating Capacity Data And Forecasts (India 2014-2019) 19
Table: Electricity Generating Capacity Data And Forecasts (India 2020-2025) 20
India Renewables Projects Database 21
Table: Renewables Projects - India Top 10 By Capacity 21
Industry Risk/Reward Index 22
India Renewables Risk/Rewards Index 22
Rewards 22
Risks 22
Market Overview 24
Sustainable Energy Policy And Infrastructure 24
Targets 24
Table: India - NDC Targets (as part of the Paris Climate Change Agreement) 24
Subsidies 25
Infrastructure 26
Competitive Landscape 28
Power Grid 28
Suzlon Energy 29
National Thermal Power Corporation 29
National Hydro-Electric Power Corporation 29
Tata Power 30
Glossary 31
Table: Glossary Of Terms 31
Methodology 32
Methodology And Sources 32
Industry Forecast Methodology 32
Sources 34
Risk/Reward Index Methodology 34
Table: Renewables Risk/Reward Index Indicators 36
Table: Weighting Indicators 37

View This Report »

Get Industry Insights. Simply.

  • Latest reports & slideshows with insights from top research analysts
  • 24 Million searchable statistics with tables, figures & datasets
  • More than 10,000 trusted sources
24/7 Customer Support

Talk to Amrita

+1 718 303 2019

Purchase Reports From Reputable Market Research Publishers
Wind energy - Global Market Outlook (2016-2022)

Wind energy - Global Market Outlook (2016-2022)

  • $ 4157
  • Industry report
  • September 2016
  • by Stratistics MRC

According to Stratistics MRC, the Global Wind Energy market is estimated to be $155 billion in 2015 growing at a CAGR of 9.9% to reach $301.3 billion by the year 2022. The rising applications of wind energy ...

Global and Chinese Cost and Price of Wind Power Equipment Industry, 2016 Market Research Report

Global and Chinese Cost and Price of Wind Power Equipment Industry, 2016 Market Research Report

  • $ 3000
  • Industry report
  • November 2016
  • by Prof Research

The ’Global and Chinese Cost and Price of Wind Power Equipment Industry, 2011-2021 Market Research Report’ is a professional and in-depth study on the current state of the global Cost and Price of ...

Global and Chinese Wind Power Tower Shot Blasting Machine Industry, 2016 Market Research Report

Global and Chinese Wind Power Tower Shot Blasting Machine Industry, 2016 Market Research Report

  • $ 3000
  • Industry report
  • November 2016
  • by Prof Research

The ’Global and Chinese Wind Power Tower Shot Blasting Machine Industry, 2011-2021 Market Research Report’ is a professional and in-depth study on the current state of the global Wind Power Tower Shot ...


ref:plp2016

Reportlinker.com © Copyright 2016. All rights reserved.

ReportLinker simplifies how Analysts and Decision Makers get industry data for their business.