The report provides a breakdown of lighting fixtures production in 16 Western European countries by segment (decorative/residential lighting, architectural/commercial lighting, industrial lighting and outdoor lighting) and by light source (incandescence, fluorescence, gas discharge and metal halide, LED, OLED).
Market shares for over 100 players and country data updated to 2013. Activity trend, trade, product trends: 2008-2013. Macroeconomic forecast up to 2015.
Data on decorative lighting are broken down by style (traditional, modern, design) and by positioning of the lamp (floor, table, wall and ceiling lamps and suspensions), while data on architectural and commercial lighting are broken down by product (downlights, fluorescence systems, projectors, spotlights, entertainment lighting, decorative lighting for hotels and shops) and application (hospitality, retail, luxury shops, office, big infrastructures. Industrial lighting consists of lighting for industrial sites, hospital, explosion and weather proof, emergency lighting. Outdoor lighting includes residential outdoor lighting, lighting for urban landscape, lighting for major roads, area/campus lighting, tunnels.
Trends on productive concentration by geographical area, financial ratios (EBITDA) and data on employment in the lighting industry are also provided.
The analysis of lighting fixtures distribution channels in Europe covers: direct sales and contract, specialist lighting stores, furniture stores and chains, department stores, wholesalers, DIY stores, mail order, e-commerce. A breakdown of lighting fixtures sales by distribution channel, and many other market indicators, is available for most of the main companies.
A breakdown of lighting fixtures exports and imports in the 16 Western European Countries considered is provided by country and by geographical area, also considering the performance of the main European producers on extra - EU markets (Eastern Europe and Russia, Middle East, Asia and Pacific, North America, Central-South America).
Lighting fixtures sales by product (decorative/residential lighting, architectural/commercial lighting, industrial lighting and outdoor lighting) and by European country of destination are provided for the major companies operating in this market. Market shares are also included.
Addresses of about 220 European lighting fixtures manufacturers are also provided.
Countries covered: Austria, Belgium-Luxembourg, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom.
Among the considered products: indoor lighting, outdoor lighting, decorative lighting, residential lighting, architectural lighting, commercial lighting, industrial lighting, technical lighting, traditional lighting, modern lighting, design lighting, floor lamps, table lamps, wall and ceiling lamps, suspensions, downlights, fluorescence systems, projectors, spotlights, entertainment lighting, decorative lighting for hotel and shops, hospital lighting, emergency lighting, residential outdoor lighting, urban landscape lighting, major roads, sporting facilities, tunnel lighting, traditional incandescence, halogen incandescence, compact fluorescence, linear fluorescence, gas discharge, LED, OLED, fiber optics.
Table Of Contents
The European market for lighting fixtures. Part I
Research tools; Terminology; Other CSIL reports in the lighting industry
Overview of the lighting fixtures European market:
- Value of production, consumption and international trade
- Market shares of the top European lighting fixtures manufacturers, 2008-2013
3. Basic data
Value of production, consumption and international trade by European country and by market segment:
- Total lighting fixtures; Residential lighting fixtures and Technical lighting fixtures
4. Business performance
Lighting fixtures. Analysis for each considered country and total Europe
- Value of lighting fixtures production, consumption and international trade
- Comparison with selected macroeconomic indicators
Lighting fixtures. International trade for each considered country and total Europe
- Lighting Fixtures exports and imports by country of origin/destination and by geographical area
6. Supply structure
Lighting Fixtures. Supply analysis by market segments: Residential lighting (home lighting), Commercial lighting, Industrial lighting, Outdoor lighting. Total Europe
- residential lighting segment by style (traditional, modern, design) and by positioning of the lamp (floor, table, wall and ceiling, suspensions
- architectural and commercial lighting segment by product (downlights/recessed, suspensions/tracks/systems, projectors/spots, floor/table) and by destination (hospitality, office, retail, luxury shops, entertainment, big infrastructures)
- outdoor lighting fixtures segment by product (residential outdoor lighting, urban landscape lighting, Christmas and event lighting, lighting for major roads, tunnel, sport plants and other large areas
European lighting fixtures supply analysis by light sources: incandescence, fluorescence, LED, gas discharge/metal halide, fiber optics
- Breakdown of European supply by light source, 2009-2011-2013. Percentage shares in value
- Light source used in a sample of companies
- LED sales of top 50 European companies
- Turnover and EBITDA ratio for a sample of small companies
- Turnover and EBITDA ratio for a sample of large companies
- Turnover per employee by country in a sample of companies
- Number of employees and average turnover per employee in a sample of companies
- Employment trend in a sample of companies, 2009-2011-2013
7. Distribution channels
Lighting fixtures sales by distribution channel in the European countries: specialist lighting stores, lifestyle, electrical wholesalers, DIY stores, e-commerce, contract and direct sales
- Lighting fixtures sales by distribution channel in a sample of companies
8. Sales by product: major companies' market shares
Lighting fixtures sales and market shares of the top manufacturers by segment and by product
- Residential lighting (Traditional lighting, Modern lighting, Design lighting)
- Residential lighting (Floor and table lamps, Wall and ceiling lamps, Suspensions)
- Commercial lighting (Hospitality, Office, Retail, Luxury shops, Art and Museum, Enterteinment, Main products)