Table of Contents
This market research aims to provide an overview of the Eco Building (or Green) activity in the European market.
Energy efficiency is today at the top of the European political agenda, as from the analysis of chapter one (Legal Framework). It is part of the triple goal of the '20-20-20' initiative adopted by the European Union in 2008, which aims to achieve by 2020 a saving of 20% in primary energy consumption, a reduction of 20% in greenhouse gas emissions and an increase of 20% in renewable resources of energy.
The CSIL multiclient report The European Market for Eco building products is the result of:
• analysis of the legislative frame network at the EU level (first chapter);
• analysis of the existing stock of available statistics on the building activity in Europe (most of it is reported in the second chapter of the Report);
• a number of simplified simulations of cost/benefit analyses for specific actions on energy saving, for residential and commercial buildings;
• desk research and field research (this last on the Italian market);data mining (turnover, employees, web address) for a wide number of industrial companies involved in Ecobuilding.
Countries covered from the statistical analysis (building and economic indicators): Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom.
Energy performance of buildings and building products are analyzed separately in chapters 3 and 4.
Energy performance of buildings takes in account opaque and transparent surfaces, electrical equipment, the building envelope. Two case studies are reported, based on two houses respectively in Berlin and Milan.
Energy performance of products is analyzed for lighting (fluorescence energy savings and LED lights), major white appliances, HVAC (heating ventilation and air conditioning) systems, production of domestic hot water, renewable energy resources, wooden houses, building automation, data centers.
The attached Excel spreadsheet is useful for the qualitative calculation of both the energy and the economic savings of the main actions that can be taken, making some assumptions. Two main categories of interventions were considered, which have different work sheets:
• Interventions to the building envelope: these actions involve raising the energy-efficiency of the opaque surfaces (walls) and the transparent ones (windows).
• Interventions to appliances: these actions involve raising the energy-efficiency of the electrical and thermal support systems present in the building.
Chapter 5 shows the last available turnover, employment, web address for over 1000 players in this field, according to different categories: architectural and engineering companies, builders and developers, manufacturer of prefabricated buildings, water management, photovoltaic systems, renewable energy, building automation, industrial controls. Among the companies for which at least one product is analyzed: Bayer, BSH, Dow Building Solutions, Glassolutions/Saint Gobain, Italcementi, Knauf, Komatsu, Philips Lighting, Rockwool, Schoeck, Velux, Vimar.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Global Energy Recovery Ventilators Market: Overview This report covers the analysis and forecast of the energy recovery ventilators market on a global and regional level. The study provides historic data ...
“The variable frequency drive market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.94% from 2016 to 2021” The variable frequency drive (VFD) market is projected to reach USD 24.8 billion by 2021, at a CAGR ...
“Rising demand for energy-efficient lighting technologies expected to drive the solid-state and other energy-efficient lighting market” The solid-state and other energy-efficient lighting market is ...