Table of Contents
EpiCast Report: Multiple Sclerosis - Epidemiology Forecast to 2024
Multiple sclerosis (MS) is an inflammatory disease in which the myelin sheaths around the axons of the brain and spinal cord are damaged, leading to demyelination and a wide range of signs and symptoms. The course of MS seems to be unpredictable as some people diagnosed with the condition appear to be normal and healthy for a few years after diagnosis, while others may be debilitated very quickly after diagnosis. People with MS experience a host of symptoms, which may vary with the course of the disease. The estimated prevalence and incidence of MS vary greatly between countries, within countries, and by age and sex.
In 2014, there were a total of 909,398 diagnosed prevalent cases of MS in the 10MM, and GlobalData epidemiologists forecast that by 2024, the number of diagnosed prevalent cases of MS will grow to 942,567 cases. In 2014, there were a total of 60,535 diagnosed incident cases of MS in the 10MM, and GlobalData epidemiologists forecast the number of diagnosed incident cases of MS to grow to 62,635 cases in the 10MM in 2024.
GlobalData epidemiologists forecast the diagnosed prevalent and diagnosed incident cases of MS in the 10MM from 2014-2024 using country-specific studies published in peer-reviewed journals that provided the age- and sex-specific diagnosed prevalence and diagnosed incidence of MS in the respective markets. The epidemiologists made sure that all the selected nationally-representative studies in the respective countries assessed the prevalence and incidence using the same study definition, thereby ensuring that the results forecast for each country are comparable. The forecast methodology was consistent across all the 10MM to allow for a meaningful comparison among them.
- The Multiple Sclerosis (MS) EpiCast Report provides an overview of the risk factors, comorbidities, and global trends for MS in the ten major markets (10MM) (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, Canada, China, and India). It includes a 10-year epidemiological forecast of the diagnosed prevalent and diagnosed incident cases of MS segmented by sex and age in these markets. This report also includes a discussion of three types of MS; relapse remitting (RRMS), primary progressive (PPMS), and secondary progressive (SPMS).
- The MS epidemiology report is written and developed by Masters- and PhD-level epidemiologists.
- The EpiCast Report is in-depth, high quality, transparent and market-driven, providing expert analysis of disease trends in the 10MM.
Reasons to buy
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global MS market.
- Quantify patient populations in the global MS market to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the sex and age groups that present the best opportunities for MS therapeutics in each of the markets covered.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
PharmaFocus: Tauopathies - Global Market Analysis Summary Tauopathies are a class of more than 20 neurodegenerative diseases characterized by tau protein aggregation in the brain. There are currently no ...
Black Swan Analysis Epiomic™ Epidemiology Series Forecast Report on Bell’s palsy in 15 Major Markets Bell's palsy, also known as idiopathic facial nerve palsy, is a weakness of the muscles on one side ...
Black Swan Analysis Epiomic™ Epidemiology Series Forecast Report on Muscular Dystrophies in 12 Major Markets The muscular dystrophies (MD) are a group of more than 30 genetic diseases characterized by ...