Table of Contents
The report titled “India Protected Cultivation Industry Outlook to 2017 - Government Initiatives Paving the Way for Future Growth” provides a comprehensive analysis on the protected cultivation in India and the market analysis of various methods being used for the protected cultivation such as greenhouse, shade nets, mulching, anti-hail/bird nets. In India, protected cultivation has been implemented in an area of ~ hectares in FY’2012. The protected cultivation in India has witnessed a rapid growth of ~% for the period of FY’2007-FY’2012. The area under protected cultivation was 0.23% of the total area under the horticulture cultivation in India in FY’2012.The major crops grown in the protected cultivation are tomato, capsicum, cucumber, melons, rose, gerbera, carnation and chrysanthemum. With the coordinated efforts of the center and state governments, protected cultivation is expected to gain popularity in India in the coming years. The states and union territories that have adopted protected cultivation in the country have increased from 9 states in FY’2007 to 30 states and union territories in FY’2012. The phase wise implementation of protected cultivation has bolstered the adoption of protected cultivation across the country.
Combined efforts of the national boards such as NHM, NHB and RKVY have created awareness and are providing financial assistance to the farmers to adopt protected farming methods for agricultural cultivation. The states that have consistently expanded the area under protected cultivation for the period of FY’2007-FY’2012 are Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Haryana, Punjab, Tamil Nadu and West Bengal. Maharashtra and Gujarat had a cumulative area of 5,730.23 hectares and 4,720.72 hectares respectively under the protected cultivation till FY’2012. In the coming years, it is expected that the states shall actively engage themselves in promoting protected cultivation in the states through various subsidy schemes and incentive programs for the protected cultivation.
Protected cultivation through mulching was being widely used by the farmers on a pan India basis. Around ~ hectares were being cultivated through mulching in FY’2012. The widespread usage of mulch films in protected cultivation is due to the low cost associated with this technique as compared to other techniques such as shade nets, greenhouses and plastic tunnels. Other means of protected cultivation such as the shade nets was the second most widely used protected cultivation method in the country. The area under the shade nets has increased from 199.07 hectares in FY’2007 to ~ hectares in FY’2012. Plastic tunnels had registered a significant growth of 60.5% for the years FY’2007 to FY’2012. The area protected by the plastic tunnels was 4.3% of the total area under the protected cultivation in FY’2012. The area protected by the greenhouses was 2.2% of the total area under protected cultivation in FY’2012. The area under the greenhouses has increased at a CAGR of 49.16% from FY’2007 to FY’2012
With the rising involvement of the government national boards and the respective state agricultural agencies, the area under protected cultivation is expected to rise from ~ hectares in FY’2013 to ~ hectares by FY’2017 at a CAGR of 84.2% for the period FY’2013 to FY’2017. The subsidy schemes, international associations with countries such as Israel are expected to act as a major boost the protected cultivation in India. The only major challenge for the adoption of the protected cultivation is the cost of the methods and lack of awareness. If these aspects are taken care off by the industrial players and the government, then the protected cultivation industry will showcase remarkable growth in the next 5 years.
Key topics covered in the report are:
- India Horticulture market by cultivation area and production output for the years FY’2007-FY’2012.
- India Horticulture Exports FY’2007-FY’2012.
- India Protected cultivation segments by greenhouses, shade nets, mulching, plastic tunnels and anti-hail/bird nets in terms of the area in hectares.
- India Protected cultivation by states and expenditure on the protected cultivation methods in years FY’2007- FY’2012.
- India Greenhouse market and segments such as Low cost greenhouse and High cost greenhouses.
- India Protected Cultivation market size in terms of cladding material cost of the greenhouses, shade nets, mulching, plastic tunnels, anti-bird nets and anti-hail nets from FY’2007-FY’2012.
- India Greenhouse exports and Imports.
- India Shade nets market and segments such as Bamboo structure shade nets, wooden structure shade nets.
- India Mulching market size and segments such as Organic mulch and inorganic mulch, Bio-degradable and Non- bio-degradable mulches.
- India Mulch mats imports and exports
- India Plastic Tunnels market size
- India Anti-hail/bird nets market size and segments such as Anti-hail nets and Anti-bird nets
- India Anti- Hail nets and Anti-bird nets imports and exports
- Dealers and distributors of greenhouses, shade nets, mulching, plastic tunnels and anti-hail/bird nets state-wise
- Value Chain For Protected Cultivation in India
- Government Initiatives to Promote Protected Cultivation in India
- Events and Conferences for Protected Cultivation in India
- Key research Institutes in Protected Cultivation in India
- SWOT Analysis of Protected Cultivation in India
- Competitive landscape of the leading manufacturers and suppliers of the greenhouses, mulch mats and shade nets
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
The report package World Soil Preparation and Cultivation Machinery Market to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts offers the most up-to-date industry data on the actual market situation, and ...
The report package World Agricultural and Forestry Machinery Market to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts offers the most up-to-date industry data on the actual market situation, and future ...
The report package World Agricultural and Forestry Tractor Market to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts offers the most up-to-date industry data on the actual market situation, and future outlook ...