Table of Contents
The report titled “North America Organic Food and Beverages Industry Outlook to 2016 –Growth Opportunities in the US Organic Farming” provides a comprehensive analysis of market size of the North America organic food and beverages industry on the basis of countries such as the US, Canada, market segmentation by organic products such as organic fruits and vegetables, dairy products, prepared food, breads and grains, snack foods and others. The report also entails the organic agricultural land development in countries such as the US. The report also provides competitive landscape of major producers and retailers operating in the organic food and beverages industry.
The future projections are included to provide an overview on the prospects and expected growth drivers in the global organic food and beverages industry
The global organic food and beverages industry has witnessed a stable growth and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 9.37% from the period 2012-2016. The consumer concern over the quality and safety of conventional food has intensified in recent years and primarily drives the increasing demand for organically grown food, which is perceived as healthy and safe.
Growing at a CAGR of 11.7% from 2006-2011, the organic food and beverages industry in North America is the fastest growing sector of the American food market. Outpacing the European market, North America has emerged as the largest market for organic food and beverages in the world in the last few years. The organic food and beverages market in the region has emerged as the predominant market across the globe with the US holding a largest share of approximately ~% in 2011. Although the US comprises a significant portion of the revenue generated through the organic food and beverages, Canada market is also showing healthy growth in the sector.
The organic food and beverages industry in North America generated revenue worth USD ~ million in 2011 as compared to USD 18,458.6 million in 2006. The predisposed demand for organic foods has allowed several large scale farms and processors to enter the organic market thereby resulting in the reduction in the cost of production of organic foods leading to a fall in the prices. The market in the US has witnessed revenue of USD ~ million in 2011 largely due to an increase in the spending on organic fruits and vegetables and dairy products.
Canada has gradually emerged as a chief market for organic food and beverages in North America in the last few years. In 2011, the revenue of the organic food and beverages products in the country was USD ~ million which is approximately 8.9% of the total North America organic food and beverages market. The contribution has increased over the past few years on account of an incline in the demand of healthier organic food products with the rise in the awareness amongst the Canadian people related to the benefit of organic consumption.
The market is ruled by organic fruits and vegetables which remain the largest sector of the organic market in the region contributing nearly 40.6% to the overall market. The revenue generated from the sales of organic fruits and vegetables in the region was recorded as ~ million in 2011.
The US organic food and beverages market has been predominantly driven by the mass market retailer such as mainstream supermarkets, clubs and warehouse stores and mass merchandisers. The mass market retailers together contributed nearly ~% to the market in 2010 as compared to ~% in 2008. United Natural Food Inc., Tree of Life, Frontier, Eden Foods, Frontier natural Products are the leading players in the organic food and beverages market in the US.
The North America organic food and beverages industry is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10.2% from 2012 to 2016 on account of the increasing adaptation towards healthier and nutritious organic food products in the US and Canada which will lead to incursion of organic production in the countries in the region as well as in the other regions across the world. It is expected that total revenue of the US organic food and beverages market will increase to USD ~ million in 2016 from USD ~ million in 2011.
KEY TOPICS COVERED IN THE REPORT
- The market size of the Global Organic Food and Beverages Industry, 2006-2011.
- The market size of organic food and beverages in the US and Canada, 2006-2011.
- Market segmentation of organic food and beverages market in North America, 2011
- Market segmentation of organic food and beverages market in the US by Products, 2009-2011
- Market Share of Distribution Channels in Organic Food and Beverages Industry in the US, 2008 &2010
- The US and Canada Organic Agricultural Land Development, 2006-2011
- Trends and Developments in Canada Organic Food and Beverages Industry.
- Government Regulations in the US and Canada Organic Food and Beverages Industry
- Company Profiles of Major Players in North America Organic Food and Beverages Industry.
- Competitive landscape of the major players of Organic Food and Beverages Industry in the US and Canada, 2011
- Future outlook and projections of the basis of revenue in the world and by countries: the US and Canada, 2012-2016.
- Cause and Effect Relationship between Industry Factors and North America Organic Food and Beverages Industry Prospects.
- Macroeconomics and industry factors including personal disposable income, urban population, consumer food price index and consumer expenditure on food and beverages.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
REPORT OBJECTIVES The report “Organic Foods & Beverages: Global Market Intelligence (2012-2021)” provides market intelligence on the different market segments, based on type, sales channel, and geography. ...
The Global Organic Food & Beverages Market is poised to grow at a CAGR of around 16.6% over the next decade to reach approximately $456 billion by 2025. Some of the prominent trends that the market is ...
Plimsoll's Organic foods and health food stores (GERMANY) analysis is the most definitive and accurate study of the Organic foods and health food stores (GERMANY) sector in 2016. The report is split into ...