Table of Contents
The report titled “India Athletic Apparel and Footwear Industry Outlook to 2017- Online Marketing to Provide Further Impetus” provides a comprehensive analysis of the market size of the India athletic apparel and footwear industry, market segmentation of athletic apparel and footwear by gender and athletic footwear by various categories. The report also entails the market share of major international and domestic players in athletic apparel and footwear market in India. The report also provides major trends and developments of athletic apparel and footwear industry in India. An analysis of the future of India athletic apparel and footwear industry is provided on the basis of revenue of the market over next five years.
The athletic apparel and footwear industry in India has witnessed a phenomenal growth over the past seven years and now occupies a place of prominence in the Indian economy in terms of its massive potential for employment generation and export. The industry has witnessed brisk growth in the last few years driven by the rising income levels, amending lifestyles and the entry of foreign players in the industry post liberalization. The ever increasing popularity of cricket along with growing interest in sports such as football, hockey and tennis has contributed to the growth of functional sportswear market in the country.
The growing affluence of sports players and their dressing styles has driven the market for athletic apparel and footwear market from USD ~ million in 2006 to USD ~ million in 2012. The athletic apparel market in the country has grown at a CAGR of 15.9% from 2006-2012. The athletic footwear market in India grew by 27.8% to USD ~ million in 2010 after witnessing a slowdown in the previous year due to the recession. Further in 2011 and 2012, it registered revenue worth USD ~ million and USD ~ million respectively.
Athletic apparel market in India is majorly contributed by menswear which accounted for a share of ~% in 2012 and generated revenue worth of USD ~ million. Womenswear is the second largest segment of athletic apparel market in India with a share of nearly ~% of the overall USD ~ million athletic apparel market in 2012.
The increasing involvement in activities such as walking, jogging and other related physical activities has impelled the contribution of walking and running footwear to ~% of the total athletic footwear market in 2012. Lifestyle footwear is the second leading segment of the market with a share of ~%, followed by soccer footwear accounting for nearly ~% of the market in 2012.
The organized segment of sportswear industry in India is dominated by major international brands including Reebok, Adidas, Nike and Puma which constituted nearly ~% of the market whereas the unorganized market for athletic wear in India accounted for a major share of ~% of the market.
KEY TOPICS COVERED IN THE REPORT
- The market size of the Asia-Pacific athletic apparel and footwear Industry, 2006-2012.
- The market size of the athletic apparel and footwear market in the countries such as China, Japan, Australia and India, 2006-2012.
- Market segmentation of athletic apparel market in India by gender, 2012
- Market Segmentation of athletic footwear market in India by Gender, 2012
- Market Segmentation of athletic footwear market by footwear categories such as, running and walking, lifestyle, basketball among others
- Market Share of leading players in athletic apparel and footwear market in India,2011
- Company profiles of major domestic players in India athletic apparel and footwear market
- Trends and developments in athletic apparel and footwear market in India
- Future outlook and projections of the basis of revenue in India athletic apparel and footwear market, 2013-2017
- Future outlook and projections of the basis of revenue in Asia-Pacific and by countries: China, Japan, Australia and India, 2013-2017
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
About Golf Apparel The global golf apparel market has been witnessing growth over the last few years and is shaping up to become one of the top competitive markets. With globalization, ample growth opportunities ...
Sports apparel find importance during workout sessions or while playing sports. The sports apparels are majorly designed with an idea to provide comfort and agility, especially during physical movements. ...
The LAMEA sportswear market is largely driven due to growing awareness about the importance of leading a healthy lifestyle and being physically fit. Hectic work schedules and growing health issues have ...