Table of Contents
The report titled “Japan Athletic Apparel and Footwear Industry Outlook to 2017- Innovative Marketing and Brand Promotion Strategies to Impel Growth” provides a comprehensive analysis of the market size of the Japan athletic apparel and footwear industry, market segmentation of athletic apparel and footwear by various categories such as training wear, basketball wear, football wear and others by contribution and value. The report also entails the market share of major international and domestic players in athletic apparel market in Japan and athletic footwear market. The report also provides major trends and developments of the athletic wear industry in Japan. An analysis of the future of Japan athletic apparel and footwear industry is provided on the basis of revenue of the market over next five years.
In the last seven years, the athletic apparel market potential and related business opportunities have weakened tremendously within the Japanese sports industry. The athletic apparel market in Japan has grown at a negative CAGR of 2.1% from 2006-2012. In 2012, the market was valued at USD ~ million as compared to USD ~ million in 2006. This was due to the slowdown in consumer confidence and dearth of finances among the households as a result of the dampened economy due to earthquakes and tsunami, which has hindered the overall economy over the last few years.
Massive earthquakes, tsunami and nuclear power plant explosions have devastated many areas in the north of Japan, leading to millions of people caught in the tragedy. It was observed that in 2006 the production of athletic apparels was ~ thousand units which plunged to ~ thousand units in 2012.
The athletic apparel market in Japan is majorly held by training wear, golf wear, outdoor wear and lifestyle wear accounting for nearly ~% of the overall market in the country in 2012. The training wear market in the country held the lion’s share of ~% in 2012 generating revenue worth of USD ~ million during the year. Japan athletic apparel market is bifurcated on the basis of gender with the majority of the production held by male. In 2012, males segment has contributed nearly ~% to the production of athletic apparels by woven category. Women contributed nearly ~% to the athletic apparel production in Japan market in 2012 as compared to ~% in 2006.
On the other hand, the market for athletic footwear in Japan has showcased positive growth on account of demand for multipurpose footwear, running, walking, and basketball and football footwear. The industry shipment volume of sports footwear in Japan reached ~ thousand pair of sports footwear in 2012 from ~ thousand pair of shoes in 2011. The contribution of multipurpose footwear in Japan’s athletic footwear market stood at ~% in 2012 followed by walking and running footwear contributing nearly ~% to the overall revenue of athletic footwear in Japan.
The Japan athletic apparel market is concentrated with the presence of several large scale and small scale manufacturers, retailers and wholesalers, of which the top 6 companies contribute around ~% of the total athletic apparel market revenue in 2011. The market in 2011 was led by the domestic player Descente with ~% contribution to the total athletic apparel market revenue. The second leading player in athletic apparel market in Japan is Goldwin which contributed ~% to the market and generating revenue worth USD ~ million in 2011. The largest player in athletic footwear market in Japan is Asics with a market share of ~% and total revenue of USD ~ million from athletic footwear sold during the year, followed by Adidas group contributing nearly ~% to the overall market in the country.
KEY TOPICS COVERED IN THE REPORT
- The market size of the Asia-Pacific athletic apparel and footwear Industry, 2006-2012.
- The market size of the athletic apparel and footwear market in the countries such as China, Japan, Australia and India, 2006-2012.
- Market size of athletic apparel and footwear market in Japan by volume, 2006-2012
- Market segmentation of athletic apparel market in Japan by gender, 2006-2012
- Market segmentation of athletic apparel market in Japan by sports categories, 2006-2012
- Market Segmentation of athletic footwear market by sports categories, 2006-2012
- Market Share of leading players in athletic apparel market in Japan,2011
- Market share of leading players in athletic footwear market in Japan, 2011
- Company profiles of major domestic players in Japan athletic apparel and footwear market
- Trends and developments in athletic apparel and footwear market in Japan
- Future outlook and projections of the basis of revenue in Japan athletic apparel and footwear market, 2013-2017
- Future outlook and projections of the basis of revenue in Asia-Pacific and by countries: China, Japan, Australia and India, 2013-2017
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
What Britain Wears: Swim & Beachwear Summary With over half of consumers purchasing swim & beachwear for every holiday they take, the popularity of this category proves to be resilient. The appeal of festivals ...
About Golf Apparel The global golf apparel market has been witnessing growth over the last few years and is shaping up to become one of the top competitive markets. With globalization, ample growth opportunities ...
Sports apparel find importance during workout sessions or while playing sports. The sports apparels are majorly designed with an idea to provide comfort and agility, especially during physical movements. ...