Table of Contents
Growth of Biosimilars and Generic Drugs Drives the ACS Market
This research service identifies the major challenges in the pharmaceutical and biotech industry and discusses the automation and control system (ACS) market drivers and restraints, along with key trends in the technology and distribution of the automation control systems. The research service is a global study covering North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and other key emerging regions. A comprehensive forecast is provided for the automation control system market, across the following product segments: PLC, DCS, HMI SCADA, APC, MES, ECQM, and EAM, for the pharmaceutical and biotech industry. In addition, a competitive landscape and strategic conclusions for the market have been included.
• The automation and control system (ACS) market in the pharmaceutical and biotech industry is expected to grow at a CAGR of X percent to $X million in 2019.
• The generic drug market has fueled the growth of the pharmaceutical industry over the past few years and the biotechnology market is likely to have a large number of investments due to the expected blockbuster drugs. This scenario shows the vast investment potential for new pharmaceutical projects that is driving the ACS market.
• Regulation is a major consideration for automation as it ensures compliance with safety considerations and guidelines. Good Automated Manufacturing Practice (GAMP) guidelines from the International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering (ISPE) and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) CFR part regulations are fundamental to automation solution providers in the pharmaceutical industry.
• With the rise of contract manufacturing, North American and European companies will shift primarily to a research and development role, while manufacturing will be outsourced to emerging regions.
• The generic market will continue to expand as more patent expirations are expected to contribute to a CAGR of X percent for the ACS market in the pharmaceutical industry, while the ACS market in the biotech industry is expected to grow at a CAGR of X percent until 2019.
• Though programmable logic controllers (PLC) and distributed control systems (DCS) contribute more than Xpercent of the market, the advanced process control (APC), manufacturing execution systems (MES), and enterprise compliance quality management (ECQM) segments show the highest CAGRs of X percent to Xpercent until 2019. The need for access to real-time data to make timely decisions drives these segments for process optimization.
• A steady trend in the shift from batch manufacturing to continuous manufacturing is seen in the pharmaceutical and biotech industry, as it requires flexible automation and control systems in incorporating this change. Single-use technology in manufacturing is another evolving industry dynamic.
1. Pharmaceutical manufacturers are looking for end-to-end solutions from providers so it is important to have the right alliances and partnerships.
2. End users require industry-specific standardized solutions for cost containment, so a good understanding of the industry adds value for the customers.
3. Contract manufacturing in emerging regions will boost the ACS market as the generic drug market continues to increase.
4. Quality management has gained importance among the pharmaceutical manufacturers that are integrating the base automation layer into ERP.
5. FDA’s initiatives and the industry’s changing attitude have made PAT a hot topic in the life science industry.
Geographic Regions Covered
North America—United states, Canada
EIA—Europe, Israel, Africa
APAC—India, China, Japan, South Korea, South East Asia, Australia, New Zealand
Others—Latin America, Russia, Middle East
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
• Is the automation and control system market growing in pharmaceutical and biotech, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
• What are the key factors that will drive the growth of the automation and control system market in pharmaceuticals and biotech?
• What are the restraints faced by the market participants? What is the expected impact?
• What are the top requirements customers in pharmaceuticals and biotech are looking for in automation solutions?
• Who are the major industry participants? What is their relative position in the global automation and control system market?
• What are the future trends expected in the automation and control system market for pharmaceutical and biotech end-users?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
PharmaPoint: Systemic Lupus Erythematosus and Lupus Nephritis - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025 Summary Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) is a systemic inflammatory autoimmune disease ...
PharmaPoint: Ulcerative Colitis - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025 Summary Ulcerative Colitis (UC) is a type of chronic IBD that causes inflammation and ulcers in the innermost lining of ...
PharmaFocus: Tauopathies - Global Market Analysis Summary Tauopathies are a class of more than 20 neurodegenerative diseases characterized by tau protein aggregation in the brain. There are currently no ...