Table of Contents
Novel Technology Innovations and Favorable Demographics Will Propel the Market
This market engineering research service evaluates the U.S. left ventricular assist devices (LVAD) market. This analysis presents an overview of the market, identifying key drivers and restraints. Furthermore, it outlines market engineering measurements and market opportunities, while also providing a market share analysis and strategic recommendations. It covers participants in the market as well as market units, prices, and revenue forecasts. Lastly, this analysis presents three major market predictions and their implications for competitors. The study period is 2008 to 2017, with a base year of 2012.
• The total revenue generated by sales of left ventricular assist devices (LVADs) in the United States in 2012 was estimated to represent a Xpercent increase over the 2011 revenue.
• Revenue in the U.S. market is projected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of X percent from 2012 to 2017, reaching $Xmillion in 2017.
• The LVAD market is currently in its growth phase; this is attributed to increased levels of awareness about LVAD technology as well as the availability of various products in the market.
• With the existing conventional therapies and other invasive therapies that provide only symptomatic benefits to patients, LVAD is a key potential area of focus for researchers and various manufacturers at present.
• With the availability of innovative technology and strong clinical data evidence, the LVAD market is expected to gain momentum in the marketplace.
• The combined revenue of the two market leaders, Thoratec and Heartware, made up Xpercent of the total U.S. LVAD market for 2012. A few minor participants contributed to the remainder of the total market share.
• In 2012, an estimated X LVAD implant procedures were performed in the United States, representing a X percent increase over 2011.
• The cost-effectiveness and increased insurance reimbursement conditions are likely to increase the demand for LVADs in the future.
• The recent FDA approval of the HeartMate II for New York Heart Association (NHYA) Class IIIB or IV end-stage left ventricular failure is likely to boost the LVAD market.
• Furthermore, the high prevalence of heart failure coupled with the limited availability of heart donors, aging baby-boomer population, and new and improved technologies is likely to contribute to the market growth.
• However, the market participants are likely to face challenges with regard to complex regulatory pathways, market access delays, and the complicated nature of the disease itself, restricting the investment in research and development (R&D) activity.
1. Increasing public awareness about LVADs by referring cardiologists will enhance better market adoption.
2. Increasing heart failure incidence and prevalence rates have been observed in the United States.
3. Pricing for LVADs is expected to decrease in the long term with the launch of new devices.
4. The projected approval and launch of LVADs is likely to set a new industry standard.
5. The U.S. LVAD market is monopolized primarily by two market participants.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
• Is the U.S. LVAD market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
• What are the key drivers and trends that lead to growth opportunities? What are the key challenges faced by the manufacturing companies in this field?
• What are the market trends in terms of revenue, volume, and price?
• What products are available in the market? How will the adoption of these products impact the LVAD market?
• What is the reimbursement and regulatory scenario in the United States?
• What is the nature of the competition in the market? Is it ripe for acquisitions?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
According to Stratistics MRC, the Global Superconductor market is accounted for $0.82 billion in 2015 and is expected to reach $2.71 billion by 2022 growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 18.6%. ...
According to Stratistics MRC, the Global Full Body Scanners market is accounted for $0.68 billion in 2015 and expected to reach $7.82 billion by 2022 growing at a CAGR of 41.7% from 2015 to 2022. Huge ...
About Spectroscopy Spectroscopy is the study of interactions between matter (atom or mass) and electromagnetic radiation. It involves the study of different spectrums of light like infrared, ultraviolet, ...