Table of Contents
Governmental Programs and Investments Stimulate the Market
This study analyzes the Brazilian medical imaging market from 2011 to 2017, focusing exclusively on computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and ultrasound. The analyzed total market is expected to growth with a single-digit CAGR for 2012 to 2017. This growth rate is mainly driven by the 'C'-class economic growth that allows increased access to healthcare services. The market is also propelled by government public health policies focused on decreasing the difference between the medical imaging equipment per capita rates among the states of Brazil. The Brazilian medical imaging analysis includes unit shipment, revenues, installed base, and replacement forecasts for the total market and for each modality analyzed.
• Medical imaging refers to the techniques and processes used to create images of the human body, or parts and functions of the body, for clinical purposes. This is performed in order to diagnose or examine diseases and also to study normal anatomy and physiology.
• The medical imaging diagnosis market in Brazil is mainly being driven by the ‘C’ class, or a newly growing middle class as the result of economic growth, which is now able to access these services.
• Multinational imaging equipment corporations are implementing factories in Brazil, and are seeking price reductions for end users and utilizing government financing programs for locally made equipment.
• In addition, Brazil is currently going through a consolidation process, from a low-end market to a mid-high-end market.
• Recent public health sector purchases show that this is an effort to decrease the price per capita differences for medical imaging equipment among the different states within Brazil.
• This Frost & Sullivan analysis, includes a consolidated sum of specific areas in the medical imaging market including computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and ultrasound which had a market value of $X million in 2012.
• The Brazilian medical imaging market is expected to reach $X million by 2017, growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of X percent through the forecast period. Note that revenues are attributed only to the above-mentioned segments that have been covered in this study.
- Other segments, for example, C-arms, CAD, and imaging informatics such as PACS and others, have not been covered in this research study.
• There are several factors that could restrain growth of medical imaging market in Brazil. These include a lack of different levels of specialized workforce enabled to perform and assist patients during medical imaging diagnoses and an improper distribution of this workforce, which are concentrated in certain regions rather than others.
1. The installed base of MRIs, CTs, and ultrasounds are insufficient and unequally distributed in Brazil.
2. Brazilian governmental investments will promote acquiring new medical imaging equipment and replacing obsolete units.
3. The boom of the ‘C’ class reinforces the medical imaging market.
4. Brazilian policies will favor local production guiding large investments in new factories.
5. New competitors, the commoditization of products, and local production will promote price diminutions.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
• Is the Brazilian medical imaging market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
• Who are the main competitors? Which competitor generated the highest portion of revenue in the total market?
• How much revenue has been generated each year in the Brazilian medical imaging market?
• How much revenue has been generated in the CTs, MRIs, and ultrasound market segments?
• Which segment of the Brazilian medical imaging market is expected to grow the fastest from 2012 to 2017?
• What are the drivers propelling and the restraints impeding the Brazilian medical imaging market?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
This report provides diagnostic imaging industry executives with strategically significant competitor information, analysis and insight crucial to the development and implementation of effective business, ...
EU5 Computed Tomography (CT) Systems Market Outlook to 2022 Summary GlobalData’s new report, "EU5 Computed Tomography (CT) Systems Market Outlook to 2022", provides key market data on the EU5 Computed ...
Brazil Diagnostic Imaging Market Outlook to 2022 - Angio Suites, Bone Densitometers, Computed Tomography (CT) Systems, Contrast Agents, Contrast Media Injectors, Mammography Equipment, Mobile C-Arms, MRI ...