Table of Contents
Mandates and Increased Profitability are the Key to Market Growth
This study analyzes the current and future trends in the global radio frequency identification (RFID) cold chain market. RFID solutions are projected to be increasingly used across various cold chain vertical markets. This study focuses on the trends, challenges, and factors driving market growth. Also included are product, technology, and regional market analyses, along with a competitive analysis. As this is an emerging application, suppliers’ initiatives have been discussed, and a list of key market participants and their respective market shares have been included. This research service provides the necessary business intelligence to accelerate growth in a fast-paced market.
• The total radio frequency identification (RFID) in cold chain market recorded estimated revenue of $X million in 2012.
• The Americas region leads with the highest revenue of $Xmillion in 2012. Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) is at the second position with $X million in revenue, followed by Asia-Pacific (APAC), which was a $X million market in 2012.
• RFID tags contributed $X million, which is X percent of the total RFID in cold chain revenue globally.
• Readers contributed $X million, or X percent, and other hardware devices contributed $X million, which is X percent of the total revenue.
• Software and services contributed an estimated revenue of $X million, which is X percent of the total RFID in cold chain market.
• The total RFID in cold chain market globally is likely to see growth of X percent between 2012 and 2017, and total market revenue is expected to be $X million at the end of the forecast period.
• The vertical markets are food, with $X million in revenue, followed by pharmaceutical and biomedical with $X million in revenue in 2012.
• The technologies used are active RFID technology, which was a $X million market in terms of revenue in 2012. The battery assisted passive (BAP) RFID/ passive RFID market earned $Xmillion in 2012.
1. The European and American markets are likely to dominate and drive the market.
2. Significant growth potential exists in developing economies; especially in BRIC countries: Brazil, Russia, India, and China.
3. Globally, government mandates on food safety and preservation of drugs will be the key market drivers.
4. Currently, active RFID is primarily used and battery assisted passive (BAP) RFID offers significant growth potential.
5. Currently, active RFID is primarily used and battery assisted passive (BAP) RFID offers significant growth potential.
• The scope of this study includes market forecasts developed for the following regions: The Americas; Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA); and Asia-Pacific (APAC).
• The study includes market size, growth rate, and revenue forecasts for the total RFID in cold chain market, including the technology and product types, vertical markets, and specified geographic regions.
• The market size and forecast includes sensor-based RFID technology for both active RFID and BAP RFID/ passive RFID. For simplicity, we have not used the term ‘sensors’ each time we mention these technologies.
• The base year for this study is 2012. Revenue and revenue growth rates are provided for 2009 to 2017.
• Reporting covers key market forces, such as drivers and restraints, to evaluate their influences on market growth.
• This study also includes the competitive structure of the market and the key industry participants.
• All prices quoted in the study are in U.S. dollars unless otherwise specified.
• The Americas: The revenue forecast and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) is provided for the overall Americas level. The base year revenue has been broken down further into the USA, Canada, Brazil, Mexico and Argentina, and Rest of Latin America.
• EMEA: The revenue forecast and CAGR is provided for the overall EMEA level. The base year revenue has been broken down further into Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe (including Russia), the Middle East, and Africa.
• APAC: The revenue forecast and CAGR is provided for the overall APAC level. The base year revenue has been broken down further into Australia, New Zealand, Japan, China, and Rest of APAC.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
• What are the key trends in the market?
• What are the key drivers and restraints affecting the RFID in cold chain market?
• How is the market structured, and how will the market grow in the short and long terms?
• What are the technologies and products available, and who are some of the key competitors?
• Are the products/services offered today meeting customer needs, or is additional development needed?
• Are the vendors in the space ready to go it alone, or do they need partnerships to take their business to the next level?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
“Growing need for operational efficiency drives the top 10 connected/smart industries” The top 10 connected/smart industries are estimated to grow at a significant rate during its forecast period. ...
“Increasing demand for the IIoT solutions in the manufacturing vertical is fueling the growth of the IIoT market” The IIoT market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.89% between 2016 and 2022 to reach ...
“Asset management system market expected to exhibit significant growth potential between 2016 and 2022” The asset management system market is expected to reach USD 25.55 billion by 2022, growing at ...