Table of Contents
Who’s Winning the Necessary Regional Battles?
Mobile and wireless is one of the fastest growing industries today and is expected to continue to be the technology catalyst in the coming years as well. At the center of this booming growth are smartphones. This study discusses the major market dynamics and technology trends that are shaping the smartphone industry, while also driving growth. The research provides total market drivers and restraints, strategic recommendations for vendors, market forecasts, and competitive analyses for manufacturers and operating systems. The total market is also segmented, and analysis is provided by region, including: Africa/Middle East, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and North America.
• Mobile and wireless is one of the fastest growing industries today and is expected to continue to be the technology catalyst in the coming years as well. At the center of this booming growth are smartphones.
• Smartphones are continuing to expand in capabilities and reliability alike. The days of the mobile worker/consumer are here, and penetration rates in many regions already has surpassed the X percent mark.
• Smartphone shipments are expected to grow from X million in 2011 to X billion in 2017.
• Market revenue should grow from approximately $X billion in 2011 to $X billion in 2017.
• Mobile devices are changing the way enterprises do business, allowing for a more remotely accessible workforce.
• The mobile ecosystem is a huge factor in the success or failure of a smartphone platform. Currently, Apple’s iOS and Google’s Android are dominating the market. However, Microsoft’s Windows Phone is looking to rebound to a competitive position after partnering with Nokia.
1. Smartphone shipments are expected to exceed one billion units by 2016.
2. Shelf presence is key to brand recognition and sales.
3. A strategic approach is key to success or failure—broad product portfolio or targeted, high end or low end.
4. Regional strategies will vary—North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific are the key markets for smartphones.
5. Integration of cloud services and seamless media access will be key factors over the next several years.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
• What is driving the success of smartphones as a whole?
• Which operating system platforms are emerging successful, and which are not? Why?
• Which manufacturers are seeing the most success, and why?
• What factors are affecting the pricing of smartphones? How will they affect pricing in the long term?
• What are customers looking for in a smartphone? Which segment of customers is driving the market—enterprise or consumer?
• What major trends will be emerging over the next two to six years?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
"Smartphone sales in mature markets are approaching saturation, while developing markets will continue to see healthy sales growth until 2021." This report analyses the smartphone market and describes ...
"Total service revenue in emerging Asia–Pacific will grow rapidly, driven by network coverage expansion and service upgrades." Growth in mobile data, fixed broadband and IPTV revenue will compensate ...
"Mobile services will account for 86.2% of the telecoms service revenue in Sub-Saharan Africa in 2021." This report provides: - an interim update of our 5-year forecast (previously published in Octobe ...