Table of Contents
TECHNOLOGIES AND APPLICATION
This study provides thorough analysis of the market for mobile wallet technology. The market is segmented on the basis of technologies: mobile commerce—mobile payment solutions (taxi, hotel, phone bills and others), entertainment and event, premium messages, direct mobile billing, mobile Web payments, frictionless/contactless near field communication (NFC); mobile commerce—cloud computing and social media; mobile ticketing—rail, metro and bus tickets; airline tickets and boarding passes; passenger check-in; and baggage check-in; and micropayments. The report will also detail NFC chips, NFC tags, NFC readers, NFC micro secure digital (SD) cards and NFC SIM/universal integrated circuit cards (UICC). This report includes revenues through value chains and covers stakeholder segmentation as mobile network operators, mobile software developers, and operational support systems/business support systems (OSS/BSS) solution providers; handset and tablet manufacturers; mobile payment service providers; content; and applications aggregators.
Credit and debit cards, which significantly replaced the need to carry “real” money, has a few disadvantages such as risk of theft or loss, inconvenience of carrying significant amount of money etc. These disadvantages are increasing the scope of the mobile wallet. A mobile wallet facilitates transaction even during travel, which is the key cause for its adoption rate. A mobile wallet does not limit the user to have a particular bank account to transact. It also evades the need to stand in long lines. Therefore, mobile wallet banking offers visible advantages over plastic money and mobile banking.
Service providers are collaborating with each other to provide one-stop solutions to the greatest challenges of mobile wallets with respect to standardization, privacy and security. Recent innovation of smartphones and the increasing penetration of Internet services in developing economies are all multiplying the adoption of the mobile wallet concept.
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
The key goal of this report is to provide in-depth understanding of the mobile wallet market. The report provides key market indicators and potential growth segments. More specific objectives are as follows:
• To identify and categorize key market segments with respect to the mobile wallet market technologies, products and stakeholders.
• To identify and evaluate key market dynamics and respective impacts across geographies.
• To derive forecast figures for key markets from 2011 to 2017.
• To identify and investigate key opportunities securing growth in a competitive environment.
• To provide intense market intelligence through effective analysis of recent mergers and acquisition (M&A) and joint venture (JV) activities along with other developments among the key market participants.
• To identify and analyze geography-specific trends.
• To profile top companies in the industry.
The scope of the mobile wallet market excludes online payments, payments through debit/credit cards (electronic fund transfers at the point of sales) and online trading. The mobile wallet includes only the payments made through exclusive services providers of the mobile wallet through a unique and exclusive mobile wallet account.
The report would be useful to the entire security solution industry, which includes:
• Mobile network operators.
• Mobile software developers.
• OSS/BSS solution providers.
• Handset and tablet manufacturers.
• Mobile payment service providers.
• Content and applications aggregators.
• Consultants, technology and system integrators.
• Regulatory bodies and government agencies.
• Research-oriented agencies and financial analyst communities.
SCOPE AND FORMAT
The market is segmented on the basis of technologies: mobile commerce—mobile payment solutions (taxi, hotel, phone bills and others), entertainment and event, premium messages, direct mobile billing, mobile Web payments and frictionless /contactless near field communication (NFC); mobile commerce—cloud computing and social media; mobile ticketing—rail, metro and bus tickets; airline tickets and boarding passes; passenger check-in; and baggage check-in; micropayments. This report will also in detail the following product segmentations: NFC chips, NFC tags, NFC readers, NFC micro secure digital (SD) cards and NFC SIM/universal integrated circuit card (UICC).
The scope of the mobile wallet market will exclude online payments, payments through debit/credit cards (electronic fund transfers at the point of sales) and online trading. The mobile wallet includes only the payments made through exclusive service providers of the mobile wallet through a personalized mobile wallet account.
This report focuses on the following topics:
• Market analysis and key findings.
• Strategic recommendations.
• Regulatory framework across geographies.
• Market dynamics at macro and micro level markets.
• Market forecast from 2011 to 2017.
• Market intelligence, competitive dynamics and recent developments.
• Key player profiles.
METHODOLOGY AND INFORMATION SOURCES
The report is based on both primary and secondary research. Primary research was conducted through interviews among top officials, which included CEOs and product heads of their respective markets. The primary research was also conducted among consultants and key opinion leaders. The secondary research included keyword search through paid and other sources such as government and company websites. With 2011 as the base year, the market forecast was derived by a combination of market dynamic analysis and primary research. The market estimates were further reconciled with a top-down approach.
Priyanka Patel has more than five years experience in business research, consulting and marketing. She has vast experience in the automatic identity and security domain applied in all end-user markets, extending from aerospace to automotive markets. She has constantly tracked key technologies in the security market. She has authored reports on RFID healthcare markets, RTLS market opportunities, Smartcard application opportunities, Chipless tag market and many others. She has continuously interacted with key industry participant across the globe through analyst briefings. She has constantly delivered research services, which have included high-level business intelligence, market dynamic analysis, strategic recommendation, opportunity analysis, strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) analysis, Porter’s Five Force model, pricing analysis, cost benefit analysis, investment models and others. She holds a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce and an MBA in Marketing.
This report provides:
• An overview of the global mobile wallet market.
• Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2011 and 2012, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2017.
• Examination of supporting equipment and technologies, including RFID, smartphones, and 4G technology.
• Discussion of payment framework and challenges, and legislation and regulatory framework for devices and technologies.
• Delineation of technologies, such as mobile commerce, mobile payments (taxis, hotels, phone bills and others, and entertainment events), premium messages, mobile Web payments, near-field communication (NFC), cloud computing, and social media.
• Comprehensive company profiles of major players.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Global Mobile Payment Technologies Market: Overview This report provides an analysis of the global mobile payment technologies market for the period from 2014 to 2024, wherein the period from 2016 to 2024 ...
“Reduction in queuing & transaction time and increased convenience in making low value payments are driving the contactless payment market” The contactless payment market is estimated to grow from ...
This Persistence Market Research report examines the Global mobile payment transaction market for the period 2015- 2020. The primary objective is to offer updates on the advancement in mobile applications ...