Table of Contents
The report titled “Indian E-commerce Industry Outlook 2017 – Far Reaching Opportunities in B2B Marketplaces” focuses on various segments of the e-commerce industry in the India, including online B2B, B2C, travel, job, finance, advertisements and online payment gateways. The report focuses on the various growth drivers in the industry and in each of these specific online market. These online markets have been further segmented on the basis of different online services offered. The industry has been analyzed on the basis of various growth divers and macro economic indicators affecting the market and thus a detailed future forecast of the industry has been inculcated in the report. The report also includes detailed competitive analysis of each of the online market with comprehensive company profiling and business strategies. The report also provides for a detailed view of the Asia-Pacific E-commerce industry comprising of different countries namely Japan, South Korea, Thailand, China and India.
The online B2B market of India is an emerging segment of the overall e-commerce industry with large number of wholesale buyers and sellers interacting at different marketplace. The industry growth has been forecasted to augment in the future given the rise in the application of internet technologies in the country. The industry is fragmented among various online marketplace portals with few dominating the industry. The market has been segmented on the basis of micro, small and medium enterprises. Indiamart.com is the leading player in the sector with the market share of ~% in FY’2012. The company has pan India presence and operates in more than 60 cities with 2,800 employees.
The online B2C E-commerce market is the major component of the Indian e-commerce industry and can be segmented on the basis of online travel and non-travel market. The non-travel market has been further segmented on the basis of online retail, online financial services, online mobile downloads and other online preferred services.
The online travel market of India has inclined at a CAGR of 55.5% from 2007-2012. The market showcased the highest growth of 68.9% in 2010 with travel portals offering a host of new services as well as due to the increase in the domestic travel and tourism industry in India. In 2011, the online hotel booking market has witnessed high growth in terms of transactional scale with a growth of 207.5%. The Indian online travel market is fragmented among various online travel portals out of which the Indian Railways has the highest percentage reach of ~% among the internet users followed by makemytrip.com with ~%.
Online retailing or e-tailing accounts for about 5.1% share of the INR ~ crore industry leading the forefront of the rapid growth. In the online retail market, personal items such as jewelry, apparels and fashion accessories have the highest contribution of ~% in 2012, followed computer accessories and peripherals. There are close to 400 non-travel independent online retailers that are active in the Indian e-commerce industry
The online advertisement is a form of market products via communication on the internet to persuade the internet users to purchase or take an action based on content displayed on a website. The online advertisement market in India has showcased a CAGR growth of 32.7% from FY’2007-FY’2012 with the highest growth of 40.3% in FY’2011 on account of display and search advertisements.
India online payment gateways market market has grown on account of the increase in the number of online users and consumer confidence in making online payment because of the secure safety measures offered by the online payment gateways and the augmented use of credit/ debit cards and internet banking for making online payments. The market has been segmented on the basis of payment in online travel and non-travel market of India. CC Avenues is the largest player in the segment with around 100 million transactions processed in FY’2012.
KEY TOPICS COVERED IN THE REPORT
- Market size of Asia-Pacific e-commerce industry, the segmentation of the overall industry on the basis of countries and type of business model
- Market size of India e-commerce industry on the basis of transaction scale, trends and development and future forecast
- The market size on online B2B market of India on the basis of net revenue, market segmentation on the basis of contribution by the type of enterprises, market share of major players and future projections
- The report includes the market size of the online B2C market of India and has been segmented on the basis of travel and non-travel
- The report further involves the market size and the segmentation of online non-travel market and also includes a detailed analysis of the competition in the market
- The online advertisement market and its segments have been included in the report. The report also includes future projections of the same
- The segmentation of online advertisement market has been done on the basis of online classifieds, display, search and mobile advertisements. These type of advertisements have been further sub-segmented on the basis of expenditure by different type of industries and the type of technology platform used
- The online payment gateways market has been defined on the basis of net transaction fee charges by the gateways. The market has been segmented on the basis of the payment made in online travel and non-travel purchases
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Analysis of Key Sectors of BIMSTEC Countries with production, consumption, imports and exports, BIMSTEC Countries major sectors, investment in BIMSTEC countries, BIMSTEC Countries investment outlook Description ...
ASEAN was founded in 1967 by Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore and Thailand. Later Brunei, Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar were also added to this economically motivated organization. Its prime ...
Four Asian Tigers term was used for free and developed economies of Hong Kong, Singapore, South Korea and Taiwan. All the countries maintained their economic growth since 1960’s, fueled by exports and ...