Table of Contents
The report titled ‘The US Spinal Surgery Market Outlook to 2017- Ageing population and Technological Advances to Intensify the Competition’ provides a comprehensive analysis of the various aspects such as market size, segmentation, trends and developments and future projections of the spinal implants and procedures to treat spinal disorders which includes the posterior pedicle screw systems, allografts, anterior cervical plate systems, vertebroplasty systems, anterior lumbar interbody fusion devices and ten other spinal devices as key segments of the market. The report provides the market share and company profiles of major players in major segments..
In 2011, over 5 million people suffered from some type of chronic back pain in the US. The prescribed treatment for the back pain depends on the severity and duration of the disorder. In order to maintain the level of physical activity, the elderly people aged above 60 in the US has an increased demand for the treatment of the back pain using surgeries involving less pain and quicker recovery. This has contributed to a significant growth in the spinal industry. One of the principal reasons of the healthcare expenditure in the US is back pain with a direct cost of USD 50 billion annually for diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation.
The US spinal surgery market has experienced a remarkable growth trajectory over the years. The revenues grew from USD ~ million in 2007 to USD ~ million in 2012, registering a CAGR of 5.8%. This development in the market revenue was due to the augmentation in the age-related disorders and deformities in spine. Additionally, the incorporation of MIS techniques and orthobiologics the spinal surgery market in the US has experienced a significant growth. The rise in demand by the patients for the treatment that helps in resuming quickly to the active lifestyle has driven the market over the period.
The US spinal surgery market has been dominated largely by the posterior pedicle screw fusion systems with a contribution of 24.7% in 2012. The pedicle screws have been majorly used by the surgeons in the surgeries involving fusion of bones.
The US allografts market has observed a healthy growth from 2007 to 2012 and accounts for the second largest segment in the US spinal surgery market. Allografts have been reported to give results equivalent to the surgeries in which autografts are used. The demand for allografts is increasing rapidly, driven by the increase in the number of fusion surgeries carried in the US. The US allograft market has witnessed growth in revenues from USD ~ million in 2007 to USD ~ million in 2012. The US allograft market has recorded consistent growth at a CAGR of 6.5% during 2007-2012.
The advent of orthobiologics in the spinal industry is estimated to further add changes in the market. Due to technological advancements, the US spine industry is expected to witness a transition from the application of mechanical implants to biological implants. The use of allografts, demineralized bone matrix (DBM) and bone morphogenetic proteins (BMP) in the surgeries has helped the patients in a faster recovery with less postoperative pain. The orthobiologics segment is likely grow in the future due to an increase in ageing population of the US that will demand for the procedures involving a fast recovery and a quality treatment.
The introduction of the minimally invasive axial lumbar interbody fusion technique has affected the traditional interbody surgeries. The growth of this market remained steady from the period 2007 to 2011 experiencing an incline in the revenues from USD ~ million in 2007 to USD ~ million in 2011. The US AxiaLIF devices market clocked revenues of USD ~million in 2012 and has grown at a CAGR 17.7% from 2007 to 2012.
The US spinal surgery market is largely dominated by Medtronic which accounted for 38.5% of the total spinal surgery market in the US in 2012. With a market share of 11.2% DePuy was the second largest major player in the US spinal surgery market and has generated revenues worth of USD ~ million in 2012. NuVasive was the third largest leading player in the US spinal surgery market which recorded revenues of USD ~million in 2012 and held a market share of 10%.
It is estimated that US spinal surgery market revenues will reach USD ~ million by 2017 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.8% from 2013 to 2017. The revenues are estimated to largely be driven from the treatment of elderly patients in the US suffering from spine ailments.
KEY TOPICS COVERED IN THE REPORT
- Spinal disorders and disease classification
- The US spinal surgery market size.
- The market segmentation of the US spinal sugery market by type of the devices.
- The market size, future outlook and projections of the posterior pedicle screw fusion systems market in the US.
- The market size, future outlook and projections of the anterior cervical and thoracolumbar plate systems market in the US.
- The market size of the anterior and posterior lumbar interbody fusion devcies market in the US.
- Future outlook and projections of the anterior and posterior lumbar interbody fusion devices in the US
- The market size of the transforaminal and axial lumbar interbody fusion devices market in the US
- Future outlook and projections of the transforaminal and axial lumbar interbody fusion devices market in the US.
- Market size, future outlook and projections of the cervical and lumbar artificial discs in the US
- Market size, future outlook and projections of the vertebroplasty and balloon kyphoplasty market in the US.
- Market size, future outlook and projections of the allografts, demineralized bone matrices and bone morphogenetic proteins market in the US.
- Trends and developments of the US spinal surgery market
- Market share of major players in the US spinal surgery market.
- Profiles of major players in the spinal surgery market in the US
- Future outlook and projections of the spinal surgery market in the US.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Global Hip Replacement Implant Market: Overview Hip Replacement Implant are the artificial implant made of metal, plastics or ceramic which are replaced with the hip joint. Hip replacement procedure takes ...
The global orthobiologics market is expected to reach USD 10.2 billion by 2025, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. The orthobiologics market is predominantly driven by the increasing ...
The global orthopedic braces and supports market is expected to reach a value of USD 5.8 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. There is a growing demand for orthopedic ...