Table of Contents
The ability of patients to self-monitor is deemed to be a critical tool in reducing the pathological effects of difficult-to-control disease factors. For the millions of patients in the US and worldwide prescribed warfarin for oral anticoagulation therapy (OAT), the ability to monitor coagulation rates and adjust drug dosage to optimize therapeutic outcomes is a critical element of patient care. The availability of self-testing monitors provides patients with an opportunity to self-test and avoid frequent caregiver visits. Compared to blood glucose monitoring, OAT self-testing presents a higher level of complexity and risk, placing a premium on patient education. A number of companies are now providing services to patients wishing to self-test, acting as a first-line patient resource and assisting with device selection and patient training. Wirelessly-enabled devices that allow patients to share readings with physicians electronically provide an additional safety and compliance benefit. While still a small percentage of all patients, as demographics and awareness drive increases in the diagnosed incidence of underlying conditions, patient self-testing for OAT will increasingly migrate from caregiver facilities and into homes..
• Analyzes marketed patient self-testing devices for measuring and monitoring anticoagulation drug therapy
• Evaluates the status and prospects of coagulation self-test devices currently in development
• Assesses the market potential and commercialization risks and opportunities for coagulation self-test devices
• Examines the role and impact of third-party PT/INR self-test services on device demand and patient acceptance
• Provides market data and forecasts to 2018
• Profiles market participants, their technology, product development activity, and business strategies
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Amrita
+1 718 303 2019
This new 75-country survey from VPGMarketResearch.com provides granular data and analysis not available from any other published source. The survey is designed to help current suppliers and potential market ...
This new report from VPGMarketResearch.com provides granular analysis of the Europe diagnostic testing market, including Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, ...
This new report from VPGMarketResearch.com provides granular analysis of the Asia-Pacific diagnostic testing market, including Australia, Bangladesh, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, ...