Table of Contents
CountryFocus: Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape - US
GlobalData, the industry analysis specialist, has released its latest report, “CountryFocus: Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape - US”. The report is an essential source of information on and analysis of the healthcare, regulatory and reimbursement landscape in the US. It identifies the key trends in the country’s healthcare market and provides insights into its demographic, regulatory, and reimbursement landscape and healthcare infrastructure. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insights into the trends and segmentation of its pharmaceutical and medical device markets. It uses data and information sourced from proprietary databases, secondary research, and in-house analysis by GlobalData’s team of industry experts.
The population of the US in 2015 was 326 million, having grown at a CAGR of 1% from 2008. In 2015, the government spent 17.5% of GDP in 2015 on medical and health science and exported $32.8 billion of pharmaceutical products. The pharmaceutical market in the US was worth $354 billion in 2015 and is projected to reach $497 billion by 2020, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 4.4%. The medical device market was valued at $161 billion in 2015 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.5% to $209 billion by 2020.
These positive growth trends can be primarily attributed to -
- Availability of latest drugs and technologies
- Universal health coverage
- Access to healthcare facilities
The report provides information on the healthcare, regulatory, and reimbursement landscape in the US, and includes -
- An overview of the pharmaceutical and medical device markets, comprising market size, segmentation, and key drivers and barriers
- Profiles and SWOT analyses of the major players in the pharmaceutical market: Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, Merck & Co., Gilead Science and Amgen; and profiles and SWOT analyses of the major players in the medical device market: Johnson and Johnson, GE Healthcare, Siemens, Medtronic, and Philips Healthcare
- An insightful review of the reimbursement and regulatory landscape, with analysis covering details of the country’s healthcare reimbursement process, regulatory agencies and the approval processes for new drugs and medical devices
- Detailed analysis of the country’s political and economic environment, covering economic indicators, demographics, healthcare infrastructure and healthcare expenditure
- An overview of the opportunities for and challenges to growth in the US healthcare market
Reasons to Buy
This report will enhance your decision-making capability by allowing you to -
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the US healthcare market
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, reimbursement and regulatory policies, pharmaceutical market segments and companies likely to impact the US healthcare market in the future
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and analyzing competitors’ performance
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present the most opportunities for consolidation, investment and strategic partnership
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
The global healthcare IT market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 15.9% from 2016 to 2021 and reach USD 280.25 billion. Growing need to manage regulatory compliance through healthcare IT solutions, government ...
The ultrasound market is expected to reach USD 6.86 billion by 2021 at a CAGR of 5.2% during 2016-2021. North America and Europe held the largest share of the market in 2016; however, the Asia-Pacific ...
EU5 Computed Tomography (CT) Systems Market Outlook to 2022 Summary GlobalData’s new report, "EU5 Computed Tomography (CT) Systems Market Outlook to 2022", provides key market data on the EU5 Computed ...