Table of Contents
Includes 3 FREE quarterly updates
BMI View: Attractive fiscal policy has seen steady exploration and supported strong interest in the 23rdlicensing round. New fields and improved recovery will stabilise oil production over the 2016-2019 period,with the vast Johan Sverdrup project contributing to long-term output. Gas production will improve aslower prices support European demand.
Latest Updates And Key Forecasts
- The 23rd licensing round, which focused on the Barents Sea, saw 40 blocks awarded to 13 differentparticipating companies.
- To the end of May 12 exploration and 2 appraisal wells were drilled, down from 16 and 7 in 2015. Fourminor discoveries were made.
- Oil, condensate and NGL production averaged over 2mn b/d from January to April.
- The Goliat project, the first Arctic oil development, was officially opened in April 2016.
- Maersk's 10,000b/d Flyndre field is expected to come online in H216, while Statoil will tie back the FrontC discovery to the Troll C platform boosting output by August.
- The request for a production cap increase on the Troll field has been granted, enabling 33bcm of outputfrom September 2016 to September 2017, up 3bcm from the previous period.
- Natural gas production grew 10.7% y-o-y from January to April, reaching 43.4bcm over the first 4months of 2016.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
The turbocompressors market is projected to reach USD 15.81 billion by 2021, growing at a CAGR of 5.4% from 2016 to 2021. Factors such as the rapid growth of the manufacturing sector in South Asian countries ...
“The hazmat suits market is projected to reach USD 7.97 billion by 2021” Hazmat suits are used at major hazardous material sites for material handling, processing and transporting and across all regions ...
“Stringent safety and environment regulations of the governments in developed economies and also increasing demand from emerging economies are the major market drivers” The gas analyzer market is projected ...