Table of Contents
Supplier Competition to Intensify as Market Exceeds $250 Million by 2019
This research service analyzes the class 6 to 8 commercial vehicle selected powertrain and safety remanufactured electronics aftermarket in North America, which is comprised of the United States and Canada. The product scope is segmented into remanufactured electronic control modules, anti-lock braking system, electronic turbo actuators, electronic unit injectors, and transmission controls for class 6 to 8 trucks. Unit shipment and revenue forecasts have been provided for 2013 to 2019. Further topics include analyses of pricing, distribution channels, and market shares. Also discussed are market drivers, restraints, trends, key conclusions, and findings. The base year is 2012. Historical data is provided for 2009 to 2011.
The remanufactured electronics market is expected to grow from about $X million in 2012 to approximately $X million in 2019.
1. Long-term unit shipment growth in North American commercial vehicle remanufactured electronics is likely to be steady at aboutX% CAGR between 2012 and 2019.
2. Remanufacturing electronic components can cost up to X to X% less than comparable new products. While the cost difference is expected to marginally decrease over the forecast period, improvements in quality and cost consciousness of fleets will ensure revenue growth of approximatelyX% CAGR across the forecast period.
3. Although engine control modules (ECM) had the highest revenue share among all segments at about $X million in 2012, electronic unit injectors (EUI) and electronic turbo actuators (ETA) are likely to experience the highest growth rate at X% andX% CAGR respectively.
4. Original equipment suppliers (OES) hold a higher market share compared independent remanufacturers since they have excellent core management practices, expertise in new technologies and are able to win higher value contracts from original equipment manufacturers (OEMs). Current Tier I leaders in remanufacturing include Detroit Diesel, Delphi, Caterpillar, and Cummins.
5. Key suppliers such as WABCO, Meritor, and Bendix are rapidly expanding their remanufacturing footprint and are expected to make inroads into the electronics remanufactured market in the short term.
Commercial Vehicle Electronics Evolution
Safety and emissions imperatives have driven electronics proliferation in trucks.
Total Selected CV Powertrain and Safety Remanufactured Electronics Market: Evolution, North America, 2012
• Anti-locking Braking System (ABS)
• Traction control system
• Electronically controlled air suspension
• Pneumatic transmission automation system
• Electronic braking system
• Roll stability support for trailers
• Adaptive cruise control
• Integrated vehicle tire monitoring system
• Air disc brakes
• Hydraulic transmission automation system
• Engine control systems
• Transmission automation system
• OnGuard collision mitigation system
• Trailer telematics
• Electronic EGR/wastegate
• Reefer electronic systems
• HVAC electronic systems
• Electronics throttle actuators
• Instrumentation systems
• Intelligent actuator and sensors
Top Level Strategic Fact Sheet/Market Snapshot
Constantly evolving technology and software updates create enormous competitive challenges for independent suppliers but effective knowledge management will help these participants gain market share.
Total Market Unit Shipment/Revenue Snapshot
Lowering the cost of remanufacturing electronic replacement units compared to new ones and improving the remanufacturing processes will enable more end-user adoption and drive revenue growth.
Revenue Growth Analysis By Product Type
ECMs, because of their ubiquity in the vehicular environment, are likely to keep generating the largest revenue stream among other electronic products.
Key Industry Participants Product Portfolio
Caterpillar and Detroit Diesel Reman lead in coverage among OE suppliers while Electronics Remanufacturing Company and Flight Systems Electronics show strong presence in the independent aftermarket.
Key Questions this Study Will Answer
• What is the short-to-medium term demand outlook for remanufactured electronics in the CV aftermarket?
• What are the key market trends prevalent in remanufactured electronics in the CV aftermarket?
• What are the drivers, challenges, benefits, and limitations of remanufactured electronics in the CV segment?
• Who are the key industry participants and what is their value proposition? How do remanufactured electronic products get distributed in the marketplace?
• How is the competitive landscape changing in remanufactured electronics aftermarket? What are the implications for existing competitors and those planning to enter the market?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
“Increasing penetration of telecommunication services in the automotive industry to fuel the top 10 automotive technologies market” The top 10 automotive technologies are projected to grow at a CAGR ...
“The need for efficient operations, automated business processes, data analytics, and overall cost reduction are expected to fuel the IoT fleet management market.” The IoT fleet management market is ...
IFrame The global advanced driver assistance systems market was valued at USD 22.69 billion in 2015 and is projected to reach USD 78.19 billion by 2020, at a CAGR of over 28% during the forecast period ...