This research report presents shipment volume and value forecast and recent quarter review of the Taiwanese desktop PC industry. The report includes desktop PC shipment volume, value, ASP, shipment by tier and maker, product mix analysis, as well as breakdowns by customer, shipment destination, business type, and assembly location.
The content of this report is based on primary data obtained through interviews with desktop PC makers. The report finds that the Taiwanese desktop PC shipment volume fell 3% sequentially to around 13.91 million units in the second quarter of 2013. The launch of Haswell Core i3 and Pentium in this September, coupled with the back-to-school demand and inventory buildup for China's October holidays, is anticipated to bolster desktop PC shipments in the third quarter. Looking ahead to the fourth quarter, the release of Windows 8.1 in October is expected to have limited effect on stimulating desktop PC demands. The industry's shipment volume is expected to dip 2.1% sequentially to around 14.41 million units in the fourth quarter.
The Taiwanese Desktop PC Industry, 3Q 2013
The report covers the following topics:
1. Market Analysis and Forecasts: A Taiwanese assessment of the market size (unit shipments and values) and forecasts for the Desktop PC shipments from 2011 to 2014
2. Industry Value Chain: Analysis of the Desktop PC value chain with indicative revenue assessments of key market players across the value chain and predictions about the Desktop PC industry evolution
1. Desktop PC Vendor
2. Desktop PC Contract Manufacturer
3. System Integrator
4. IC Supplier
5. Other Component Suppier
6. Investment Firm
This research focuses on desktop PCs, which can be divided by CPU connector type into socket A, socket 939/745, socket 478, LGA775, and others. Desktop PCs in this study are further segmented into tower/desktop, slim type, or all-in-one form factors, as well as by assembly level, including full system, barebone, and half-system.
Companies surveyed included Taiwanese makers operating OBM, ODM, OEM, EMS, CEM, and private label businesses; production sites and shipment destinations include Taiwan, China, Japan, South Korea, Southeast Asia, North America, Latin America, Western Europe and other European countries, and other regions.
1. The shipment volume of the slipped 3% sequentially in the second quarter of 2013 to around 13.91 million units.
2. Dell managed to post a growth on its low-price promotions while Lenovo was riding on the demand in the Chinese market.
3. In the second quarter of 2013, affected by a sluggish overall shipment volume, Taiwanese desktop PC industry's shipment value dropped 1.2% sequentially to around US$3.76 billion
4. It is expected that the price of capacitive touch control technology will fall 5% to 10% by the end of 2013, representing a US$80 to US$85 price decline for a 21.5-inch AIO PC set.
5. It is forecast that the industry's shipment value will total around US$4.05 billion in the third quarter of 2013, up 7.7% sequentially.