Table of Contents
State-of-the-art Solutions Meet Growing Electricity Demands
The total diesel generator market in Mexico is growing because of increasing activity in the oil and gas, mining, and construction industries. However, emerging technologies threaten these growth trends. This research service presents an in-depth analysis of the Mexican diesel generator market. It covers topics such as industry challenges and trends. Detailed explanations of market drivers and restraints are further highlighted. The service also presents the competitive structure of the Mexican diesel generator market and its emerging technological trends. Market revenue forecasts are discussed. The base year for this service is 2012, and the forecast period is 2013 to 2018.
• After the global crisis and a loss of X%, the generator market ended in 2010 with a recovery of X% to reach $Xmillion. In 2012, the market continued to grow at a rate of X%, reaching $X million, and by 2018, the market is expected to reach $Xmillion.
• The main drivers for the industry include the following:
- Increasing investment in oil and gas that are focused on drilling, exploration, pipeline expansion, and soil remediation.
- Increasing investment in mining for new projects, expansions, and reconfigurations, particularly as end users are willing to pay for good, reliable, and durable generators.
- Increasing construction activity in Mexico’s main cities.
- Distributed diesel power generation.
• New technologies, such as microturbines, are slowing down the market for diesel and gas generators.
• Generator manufacturers compete with new technologies and fuels such as sugar cane bagasse, biogas, biodiesel, coal-based methane (CBM), and agribusiness wastes.
• One of the main challenges for generator manufacturers is to take advantage of government-initiated programs by promoting their generators as energy-efficient products in terms of fuel consumption and low emissions. Manufacturers could also adapt their generators to run on biodiesel, which is supported by government programs.
• Regarding end users, oil and gas represented the most important segment in 2012 with X% of generator consumption; oil and gas was followed by mining withX% and construction with X% of the total market.
• Regarding revenue by power range, the X megawatt (MW) and above power range dominated with $X million or X% of the market.
• For projects above X MW, end users prefer to invest in power generation plants with gas-fired turbines, combined cycles, or large air-cooled generators.
1. The diesel generator market is growing at a X% rate, which is a greater rate than that of the country’s GDP.
2. In 2012, X% of the market was concentrated in the Gulf of Mexico, Central Mexico, and northwestern Mexico.
3. Power ranges between X kW to X MW and above concentrated X% of market revenue in 2012.
4. Market concentration trends are expected to be reinforced in the forecast period.
5. Oil and gas, mining, and construction represent the most important applications for generators.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
• Is the diesel generator market growing, how long will it grow, and at what rate?
• What are the best-selling power ranges in the country?
• Which are the most important regions for the diesel generator market in Mexico?
• What are the main applications for diesel generators in Mexico?
• Where are the main opportunities for diesel generator manufacturers in the coming years?
• What are the main challenges, drivers, and restraints for the diesel generator market?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Malaysia is one of the few developing countries in the Asia pacific region which has used its abundant natural resources to grow sustainably. From being a major exporter of raw materials the country has ...
Angola is one of the fastest growing and most promising economies in Africa. Angola's high GDP growth is driven by high international oil prices. However, the worldwide slump in oil prices has affected ...
“Leak detection market for oil and gas expected to grow at a significant rate between 2016 and 2022” The leak detection market for oil and gas was valued at 2.10 billion in 2015 and is expected to ...