Table of Contents
The report titled “North America Car Rental Industry Outlook to 2017- Off-Airport Segment and Car Sharing Driving the Future Growth ” provides a comprehensive analysis of the market size of the North America car rental industry by revenue, market segmentation by geography, on-airport and off-airport and by type of travelers in the US and Canada. The report also entails the market share of major car rental companies in in the US and Canada along with the SWOT analysis of North America car rental industry. It also provides the ongoing trends and developments of car rental industry in the US. The market size of car sharing industry in the US and Canada by number of members and number of vehicles is alo included. An analysis of the future of North America car rental industry by the US and Canada and the segments such as ohn-airport and off-airport, business and leisure is provided on the basis of revenue of the market over next five years.
North America has the most advanced and highly developed car rental system with considerable consumer spending on airport car rentals in the historical years. North America car rental market is predominantly held by the US with a share of ~% in the car rental market in the region in 2012. The contribution of off-airport car rentals in North America car rental market has substantially inclined from ~% in 2006 to ~% in 2012.
North America car sharing market has been manifested by trends such as increasing availability and affordability of insurance with the car sharing becoming mainstream. In 2012, the car sharing membership has grown by 43.8% in the US and by 28.7% in Canada. North America car rental market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.5% over the period 2013-2017 on account of resurgence in the economy, growing off-airport market and increasing leisure trips by the American households post the recessionary years which restricted the consumer spending capacity in the US and Canada.
The US car rental market recorded ~ million cars in service in 2012. Car rentals for business purpose held a share of ~% in car rental market revenue in 2012 whereas the leisure segment held a share of ~% .The premium segment of airport car rentals in the US has traditionally been the largest contributor to the airport car rental market revenue. The segment contributed ~% of the overall airport car rental revenue worth USD ~ million, thus generating value sales of USD ~ million in 2012. The value segment of the industry has grown at the fastest pace of 22% over the period 2010-2012 by rising from USD ~ million in 2010 to USD ~ million in 2012.
Over the years, surging personal disposable income, generous corporate travel budgets and increasing number of international tourist visits to Canada have aided the market growth of car rentals in the country. The car rental market of Canada was valued at USD ~ million in 2012.The on-airport segment of the car rental market in Canada has increased from USD ~ million in 2006 to USD ~ million in 2012, thereby registering a CAGR of 2.9% for the period of 2006-2012. The car rental market in Canada is primarily held by the business segment which contributed ~% in the overall car rental market revenue in 2012. It is projected that off-airport car rental market in Canada will grow at a CAGR of 5.9% over the period 2013-2017 as compared to 1.7% over the period 2006-2012.
The car rental industry is characterized by severe price and service competition. The US car rental industry has been predominantly held by 4 major players such as Enterprise-Rent-A-Car which also operates the National Car Rental and Alamo brands, Hertz Global Holdings, Avis Budget Group and Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group. These major players share ~% of the total US car rental market revenue. Hertz, with several offerings and better quality of service closely follows Avis Budget with revenue of USD ~ million and share of ~% in 2012. The on-airport market is primarily led by Enterprise Holdings which accounted for a share of ~%, followed by Hertz capturing ~% of the market and Avis Budget accounting for a market share of ~% in on-airport market in the US.
KEY TOPICS COVERED IN THE REPORT
- The market size of the North America Car Rental Industry, 2006-2012
- The market size of North America Car Sharing Industry, 2006-2012
- Market segmentation of North America Car Rental Industry by geography(the US and Canada), on-airport and off-airport, 2006-2012
- Market Segmentation of the US car rental industry by on-airport and off-airport & leisure and business purpose, 2006-2012
- Market Segmentation of the US on-airport car rental industry by premium, mid tier and value segment, 2006-2012
- Market Segmentation of Canada Car Rental Industry by on-airport and off-airport and by type of customers, 2006-2012
- Market Share of leading players in car rental industry in the US, 2006-2012
- Market Share of leading players in on-airport and off-airport car rental industry in the US, 2006-2012
- Market Share of Leading players in Canada Car Rental Industry , 2012
- Company profiles of major players in car rental industry in the US
- Trends and developments in car rental industry in the US
- Future outlook and projections of the basis of revenue in North America car rental market, 2013-2017
- Future outlook and projections of the basis of revenue and on-airport and off-airport & business and leisure segments in the US car rental market, 2013-2017
- Future outlook and projections of the basis of revenue and on-airport and off-airprot segments in Canada car rental market, 2013-2017
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
According to Stratistics MRC, the Global Smart Airports market is accounted for $10.25 billion in 2015, and is projected to register a CAGR of 6.0% to reach $15.4 billion by 2022. Growing air passenge ...
Back on track: Continued economic growth is anticipated to drive industry demand Abstract Railroad Car Rental & Leasing Over the past five years, the Railroad Car Rental and Leasing industry has gone ...
This report aims to provide comprehensive strategic analysis of the global smart airports market along with revenue and growth forecasts for the period from 2016 to 2024. Airports are transitioning focus ...