This research report presents industry size and value forecast and recent quarter review of the worldwide motherboard industry. The report includes shipment volume and value, shipment breakdowns by maker, ASP, and price trends. The report also examines manufacturer rankings, assembly levels, CPU connector adoption, production locations, shipment destinations, and business types, and provides assembly level breakdown for CPU types, production locations, shipment destinations, and business types. The content of this report is based on primary data obtained through interviews with motherboard makers. The report finds that shipment volume of the worldwide motherboard industry slipped 3.5% sequentially to around 33.62 million units in the second quarter of 2013, as the initial launch of Intel's Haswell processor in high-end products failed to sustain the industry's shipments. The defect in 8 series chipsets also took its toll. In this August, the entry-level H81 chipset motherboards were released, which will replace H61 ones at a slow yet steady pace beginning from the third quarter. It is expected that the industry's shipment volume will advance 8% sequentially to around 36.32 million units in the third quarter of 2013.
The report covers the following topics:
1. Market Analysis and Forecasts: A global assessment of the market size (unit shipments and values) and forecasts for the motherboard shipments from 2011 to 2014
2. Industry Value Chain: Analysis of the motherboard value chain with indicative revenue assessments of key market players across the value chain and predictions about the motherboard industry evolution
1. Motherboard Manufacturer
2. Desktop PC Vendor
3. Desktop PC Contract Manufacturer
4. System Integrator
5. IC Supplier
6. Other Component Suppier
7. Investment Firm
This research focuses on motherboards, which can be divided by CPU connector type into socket A, socket AM2/939/745, socket 478, LGA775, and others.
Companies surveyed are the major global motherboard makers operating ODM, OEM, EMS, CEM, and OBM businesses; production sites and shipment destinations include Taiwan, China, Japan, other Asian Countries, North America, Latin America, Western Europe and other European countries, and other regions.
1. Worldwide motherboard shipment volume reached around 33.62 million units down 3.5% sequentially in 2Q 2013 on mild Haswell sales.
2. The shipment value of Worldwide motherboard industry totaled around US$1.47 billion in the second quarter of 2013, down 2.8% sequentially.
3. Worldwide motherboard shipment volume will reach around 36.31 million units in the third quarter of 2013, up 8% sequentially
4. The worldwide motherboard industry's shipment value is forecast to total around US$1.6 billion in the third quarter of 2013, up 9.2% sequentially, with ASP reaching US$44.1.