Table of Contents
CountryFocus: Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape - Japan
Pharmaceutical market in Japan is set to rise from around $70 billion in 2016 to $72 billion by 2021, representing a low compound annual growth rate of 0.3%.
Although increasing generic substitution and yearly pricing reviews are likely to restrict growth in the Japanese pharmaceutical market in the future, the government is also working to reduce long regulatory processes faced by pharmaceutical industry in order to expedite the approval of products and improve access to novel therapeutics. This will not only attract foreign companies but also positively influence the healthcare market.
In 2009, Japan’s pharmaceutical market was worth $68.9 billion. It is projected to reach $72.0 billion in 2021, increasing at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 0.3%. The medical device market was valued at $56 billion in 2016 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 7.4% to $80 billion in 2021.
In 2016, Japan’s population was approximately 126.3 million, having declined at a negative CAGR of 0.1% from 2009. Its public healthcare expenditure accounted for 84% of total healthcare expenditure in 2016, and the government spent approximately $14.75 billion on pharmaceutical R&D in 2015.
The report “CountryFocus: Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape - Japan” is an essential source of information on and analysis of the healthcare, regulatory and reimbursement landscape in Japan. It identifies the key trends in the country’s healthcare market and provides insights into its demographic, regulatory, and reimbursement landscape and healthcare infrastructure.
The report provides information on the healthcare, regulatory, and reimbursement landscape in Japan and includes -
- An overview of the pharmaceutical and medical device markets, including market size, segmentation, and key drivers and barriers
- Profiles and SWOT analysis of the major players in the pharmaceutical market (Astellas Pharma, Otsuka, Chugai Pharmaceutical, Taisho Pharma and Mitsubishi Tanabe) and medical device market (Terumo Medical, NIPRO, Olympus Medical Systems, Toshiba Medical Systems and Hitachi Medical Corporation)
- A review of the reimbursement and regulatory landscape, with analysis covering details of the country’s healthcare reimbursement process, regulatory agencies and the approval processes for new drugs and medical devices
- Detailed analysis of the political and economic environment, covering economic indicators, demographics, healthcare infrastructure and healthcare expenditure
- An overview of the opportunities for and challenges to growth in the healthcare market
Reasons to buy
This report will enhance your decision-making capability by allowing you to -
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving Japan’s healthcare market
- Drive revenue by understanding the key trends, reimbursement and regulatory policies, pharmaceutical market segments, and companies likely to affect Japan’s healthcare market
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and analyzing the performance of various competitors
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present the best opportunities for consolidation, investment, and strategic partnerships
- Identify, understand, and capitalize on the opportunities and challenges in Japan’s healthcare market
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
The global healthcare IT market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 15.9% from 2016 to 2021 and reach USD 280.25 billion. Growing need to manage regulatory compliance through healthcare IT solutions, government ...
The ultrasound market is expected to reach USD 6.86 billion by 2021 at a CAGR of 5.2% during 2016-2021. North America and Europe held the largest share of the market in 2016; however, the Asia-Pacific ...
EU5 Computed Tomography (CT) Systems Market Outlook to 2022 Summary GlobalData’s new report, "EU5 Computed Tomography (CT) Systems Market Outlook to 2022", provides key market data on the EU5 Computed ...