Table of Contents
CountryFocus: Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape - Spain
GlobalData, the industry analysis specialist, has released its latest report, â€śCountryFocus: Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape - Spainâ€ť. The report is an essential source of information on and analysis of the healthcare, regulatory and reimbursement landscape in Spain. It identifies the key trends in the countryâ€™s healthcare market, and provides insights into its demographic, regulatory, and reimbursement landscape and healthcare infrastructure. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insights into the trends and segmentation of the pharmaceutical and medical device markets. It uses data and information sourced from proprietary databases, secondary research, and in-house analysis by GlobalDataâ€™s team of industry experts.
Spain has strong healthcare infrastructure and the Spanish National Health System provides free healthcare for all citizens. In 2013, Spain spent approximately $17.4 billion on R&D, and exported approximately $13 billion of pharmaceuticals.
The pharmaceutical market was worth approximately $29 billion in 2008, and is projected to decline to approximately $22.6 billion by 2020, at a negative Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 2.1%. The primary reasons for this decline are the austerity measures implemented by the Spanish government. The factors influencing the pharmaceutical market are -
- The increasingly elderly population
- Promotion of low-priced medicines
- Promotion of generics
- The medical device market was valued at $7.1 billion in 2008, and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 4.5% to an estimated $12 billion in 2020.
The report provides information on the healthcare, regulatory, and reimbursement landscape in Spain, and includes -
- An overview of the pharmaceutical and medical device markets, comprising market size, segmentation, and key drivers and barriers
- Profiles and SWOT analyses of the major players in the pharmaceutical market: Pfizer, Roche, Novartis, Sanofi and GlaxoSmithKline, as well as profiles and SWOT analyses of the major players in the medical device market: Siemens Healthcare, Roche, Medtronic, Abbott Laboratories and DePuy
- Insightful review of the reimbursement and regulatory landscape, with analysis covering details of the countryâ€™s healthcare reimbursement process, regulatory agencies and the approval processes for new drugs and medical devices
- Detailed analysis of the political and economic environment, covering economic indicators, demographics, healthcare infrastructure and healthcare expenditure
- An overview of the opportunities for and challenges to growth in the healthcare market
Reasons to buy
This report will enhance your decision-making capability by allowing you to -
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the Spanish healthcare market
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, reimbursement and regulatory policies, pharmaceutical market segments, and companies likely to affect the Spanish healthcare market in the future
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and analyzing the performance of various competitors
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present the best opportunities for consolidation, investment, and strategic partnerships
- Identify, understand, and capitalize on the opportunities and challenges in the Spanish healthcare market
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
The global healthcare IT market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 15.9% from 2016 to 2021 and reach USD 280.25 billion. Growing need to manage regulatory compliance through healthcare IT solutions, government ...
The ultrasound market is expected to reach USD 6.86 billion by 2021 at a CAGR of 5.2% during 2016-2021. North America and Europe held the largest share of the market in 2016; however, the Asia-Pacific ...
EU5 Computed Tomography (CT) Systems Market Outlook to 2022 Summary GlobalDataâ€™s new report, "EU5 Computed Tomography (CT) Systems Market Outlook to 2022", provides key market data on the EU5 Computed ...