Table of Contents
Bishop and Associates has just released a new ten-chapter research report analyzing the North American Distributor Market for Connectors.
This 152-page report provides a comprehensive analysis of the North American distribution market for connectors through the POS (distributor sales to OEMs and CEMs) channels. POS sales are provided for the years 2011 through 2013, and a 2017 forecast.
Distribution accounts for a large share of the connector market.
The distribution industry finished 2012 with sales of $XX.X billion, down –Y.Y% over 2011.
• The distribution industry finished 2011 with a year-over-year increase of +YY.Y%. The fourth quarter of that year, however, foretold a weakening market, posting only a +1% YOY gain.
• Sales did indeed fall off dramatically in 1Q12, posting a drop of –Y.Y% YOY.
• Sales continued to be soft in the second and third quarters, posting decreases of –Y.Y% and –Y.Y% respectively.
• The situation improved somewhat in Q4 with sales results essentially flat (-.5%) to the previous year.
• 4Q12 posted a sequential increase of +YY.Y% over 3Q12 to end the year on a positive note.
Connector Distribution – Global Overview
Distributor sales (POS) of interconnect products decreased by –Y.Y% YOY in 2012.
• POS in North America was down –Y.Y% YOY versus the overall connector market, which was up +4.9%.
• POS in Europe was down –Y.Y% YOY, but actually outperformed the overall market, which lost 10.1%.
• POS outperformed overall connector sales in Japan by a small percentage. (+Y.Y% vs. +2.0%)
• Distributor sales in China grew by +Y.Y% while the overall market fell by -3.1%.
• POS grew by Y.Y% in Asia Pacific, but still trailed overall business, which grew by 20%.
• Overall, distributor sales of connectors were down –Y.Y% YOY versus the overall market, which fell -2.7%.
POS by North American Distributor Sales Territory
Distributor sales of interconnect products (POS) fell by –Y.Y% in 2012, but should rebound in 2013, increasing to a level slightly higher than 2011. The territories with the largest sales decreases in 2012 were the Northeast, Southeast and Southwest. The only region that actually had positive growth was the Mid- Atlantic, due in large part to the recovery in the transportation market and the expanding role of distribution in that market.
All regions should show positive results in 2013. The North Central territory should generate the most growth based on continuing strength in the transportation market as well as recovery in the industrial segment.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
The expansion of the global DC generator and motor industry is forecast to reach 0.6% p.a. in the coming years. Between 2010 and 2016 the market increased with an average annual growth of 6.1%. Currently, ...
The report package World Paper Label Market to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts offers the most up-to-date industry data on the actual market situation, and future outlook for paper labels ...
Global Perms & Relaxers (Haircare) Market - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics Summary "Global Perms & Relaxers (Haircare) Market - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast ...