Table of Contents
Quest for Energy Independence Unravels Opportunities
This research service provides a detailed analysis of the PPE market in the Americas oil and gas industry. The study period is 2009 to 2017 and covers 7 product markets: above the neck protection, respiratory protection, protective gloves, protective clothing, protective footwear, fall protection, and gas detectors. This study provides detailed insight into these product markets in terms of trends, revenues, and forecasts. Geographical trends are outlined, and a country analysis is provided for the major oil producers in the Americas. Product and technology trends are covered and key market driving and restraining forces are described. Key competitive factors are identified, and profiles of the top market participants are provided.
•The oil and gas personal protective equipment (PPE) market in the Americas generated a revenue of $X billion in 2012 and is expected to reach $X billion in 2017, at a CAGR of X%.
•The market is analyzed in terms of X product markets: above the neck protection, respiratory protection, protective gloves, protective clothing, protective footwear, fall protection, and gas detectors.
•Participants range from small companies that focus on a single type of equipment to a few large multinational corporations that manufacture and supply a wide range of sophisticated safety products.
•The oil and gas industry looks for customized PPE solutions that are integrated with superior service benefits.
•The recent shale gas revolution promoted heavy investments in the oil and gas industry and have impacted the PPE market demand in North America.
•The Central and South American market is also moving in the same direction, creating huge opportunities for PPE.
•The increasing number of greenfield projects in the refining activity has advanced the downstream oil and gas industry.
•High growth in the oil and gas industry has heavily attracted PPE market attention, with a large number of suppliers specializing in product specifications that meet the needs of the industry.
•Product differentiation and the establishment of broad distribution networks that offer proximity to customers are expected to be key competitive factors throughout the forecast period.
•Booming industry outlook and safety awareness and regulations drive revenue growth. Some political and legal pressures on oil and gas corporations threaten revenue growth.
•The protective clothing, gas detectors, and fall protection product markets will likely exhibit the highest future growth.
1. Increased interest in unconventional gas has created employment opportunities, thereby making oil and gas the most lucrative PPE market.
2. The most successful leaders in the oil and gas PPE market have dedicated teams that focus on developing strategies to gain better penetration in the oil and gas industry.
3. Strategic consolidation activities enable global PPE manufacturers to capitalize on growth opportunities in the emerging PPE market in Central and South America.
4. Widespread distribution channels and superior customer service rank the highest in supplier selection criteria in the oil and gas industry.
5. The oil and gas industry is looking for close interaction with PPE manufacturers and require integrated safety solutions that are supported by training.
The aim of this research service is to analyze the oil and gas PPE market in the Americas. The forces that affect the market are discussed, and strategic recommendations are provided.
1. To provide an overview of the oil and gas PPE market in the Americas.
2. To discuss market challenges and potential driving and restraining forces that would have an impact throughout the forecast period.
3. To provide overall market revenue and forecasts for the individual product markets.
4. To assess the competitive structure and distribution channels and identify key success factors of suppliers.
5. To provide an analysis of the different protective equipment used in various oil and gas activities and track trends within the industry.
6. To provide strategic recommendations for manufacturers and suppliers and provide market conclusions based on the research.
Central and South America
•The oil and gas industry remains an important global end user of PPE because of high safety concerns involved in activities in the upstream and downstream sectors.
•The PPE market is highly fragmented, with many participants in the different product markets.
•Recently, the industrial markets for PPE have been impacted by the economic recession in terms of delayed product replacements, which is in line with decreased spending activities.
•The booming oil and gas industry, however, has rendered the oil and gas industry one of the least affected markets for PPE during the recession.
•Moreover, the oil and gas industry observes high compliance for PPE use. According to data from American Petroleum Institute (API) in 2011, the rate of job-related injuries and illnesses for the US oil and natural gas industry was Xper X full-time workers compared to a rate of X for the entire US private sector.
•Most oil and gas companies provide PPE to employees, and companies tend to place bulk orders with distributors. Distributors have an exclusive contract with oil and gas companies to supply PPE per their requirement.
•The oil and gas industry has a small section of the market where employees are provided with allowances; therefore, employees tend to buy their own PPE. Consequently, the PPE market experiences online sales and direct sales from retail outlets, which accounts for a small market share.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
• Is the market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
• Are the existing competitors structured correctly to meet customer needs?
• Which factors have impacted the market performance and in what way?
• What are the different geographical trends and challenges, and how should they be leveraged to address dynamic markets?
• Are the products/services offered today meeting customer needs, or is there additional development needed?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Malaysia is one of the few developing countries in the Asia pacific region which has used its abundant natural resources to grow sustainably. From being a major exporter of raw materials the country has ...
Angola is one of the fastest growing and most promising economies in Africa. Angola's high GDP growth is driven by high international oil prices. However, the worldwide slump in oil prices has affected ...
“The DTS market estimated to grow at a CAGR of 7.66% between 2016 and 2022” The overall distributed temperature sensing (DTS) market was valued at USD 484.7 million in 2015 and is expected to reach ...