1. Market Research
  2. > Energy & Environment
  3. > Energy Market Trends
  4. > Kuwait Power Report Q4 2016

Kuwait Power Report Q4 2016

  • October 2016
  • -
  • Business Monitor International
  • -
  • 50 pages

Includes 3 FREE quarterly updates
BMI View:

Kuwait will register limited power generation capacity growth over the next decade, with the exception of the Al-Zour gas power facility, as a poor track-record in executing big-ticket infrastructure projects coupled with a limited project pipeline will weigh on sector expansion plans. We note that ambitious government plans to develop a non-hydro renewables sector provide an upside risk to our forecast.

Latest Updates And Structural Trends


- Kuwait's total power generation stood at 67.9TWh in 2015. Supported by the opening of gas-fired Az- Zour North (phase 1) project, we forecast this figure to increase by 6.6% to 72.4TWh in 2016.

- Apart from Az-Zour North project, our outlook remains bearish and we forecast total net power generation growth to average just 2.8% per annum during 2017-2025. Total generation is expected to reach 92.7TWh, with oil-fired facilities contributing nearly 59.0% of the total and the remaining 41.0% coming from gas-fired power plants.

Table Of Contents

Kuwait Power Report Q4 2016
BMI Industry View 7
Table: Headline Power Forecasts (Kuwait 2015-2021) 7
SWOT 8
Industry Forecast 10
Kuwait Snapshot 10
Table: Country Snapshot: Economic and Demographic Data (Kuwait 2015-2020) 10
Table: Country Snapshot: Economic and Demographic Data (Kuwait 2020-2025) 10
Table: Country Snapshot: Power Sector 10
Kuwait Power Forecast Scenario 11
Electricity Generation And Power Generating Capacity 11
Table: Total Electricity Generation Data And Forecasts (Kuwait 2014-2019) 15
Table: Total Electricity Generation Data And Forecasts (Kuwait 2020-2025) 16
Table: Electricity Generating Capacity Data And Forecasts (Kuwait 2014-2019) 17
Table: Electricity Generating Capacity Data And Forecasts (Kuwait 2020-2025) 17
Electricity Consumption 18
Table: Total Electricity Consumption Data And Forecasts (Kuwait 2014-2019) 19
Table: Total Electricity Consumption Data And Forecasts (Kuwait 2020-2025) 19
Transmission and Distribution 19
Table: Electric Power TandD Losses Data And Forecasts (Kuwait 2014-2019) 20
Table: Electric Power TandD Losses Data And Forecasts (Kuwait 2020-2025) 21
Industry Risk/Reward Index 22
MENA Power Risk Reward Index 22
Table: MENA Power Risk/Reward Index (Scores Out Of 100) 28
Kuwait Power Risk Reward Index 29
Rewards 29
Risks 29
Market Overview 31
Key Policies And Market Structure 31
Regulation And Competition 31
Pricing 31
Kuwait Power Projects Database 33
Table: Kuwait Power Projects 33
Competitive Landscape 34
Regional Overview 36
MEA: Key Themes 36
Table: UAE - Huge Bid Reductions Cements Outperformer Status 41
Glossary 44
Table: Glossary Of Terms 44
Methodology 45
Methodology And Sources 45
Industry Forecast Methodology 45
Sources 48
Risk/Reward Index Methodology 48
Table: Power Risk/Reward Index Indicators 49
Table: Weighting Of Indicators 50

View This Report »

Get Industry Insights. Simply.

  • Latest reports & slideshows with insights from top research analysts
  • 24 Million searchable statistics with tables, figures & datasets
  • More than 10,000 trusted sources
24/7 Customer Support

Talk to Amrita

+1 718 303 2019

Purchase Reports From Reputable Market Research Publishers
Crude Oil Flow Improvers Market by Type, Application, Supply Mode - Global Forecast to 2021

Crude Oil Flow Improvers Market by Type, Application, Supply Mode - Global Forecast to 2021

  • $ 12000
  • Industry report
  • September 2016
  • by MarketsandMarkets

“Rise in crude oil production worldwide drives the COFI market” The global market size of COFI is estimated to reach USD 1.73 billion by 2021 from 1.32 billion in 2016, at a CAGR of 5.5%. Excessive ...

Industrial Plugs & Sockets Market by Protection, Type, End-User - Global Forecast to 2021

Industrial Plugs & Sockets Market by Protection, Type, End-User - Global Forecast to 2021

  • $ 6328
  • Industry report
  • October 2016
  • by MarketsandMarkets

“The industrial plugs & sockets market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 4.82% from 2016 to 2021” The industrial plugs & sockets market is projected to reach USD 3.60 billion by 2021, growing at a ...


Download Unlimited Documents from Trusted Public Sources

Related Market Segments :

Oil
Electric Generator

ref:plp2016

Reportlinker.com © Copyright 2016. All rights reserved.

ReportLinker simplifies how Analysts and Decision Makers get industry data for their business.