Table of Contents
The U.S. Parental App Market 2015 is the only available report which focuses on the American market for mobile applications that support parents in successfully raising their children. The aim of the report is to provide a current overview of the market and forecasts concerning its future development, offering valuable insights to publishers, VCs and other funding organizations and healthcare companies.
The report estimates the addressable market for parental apps and identifies market opportunities, evaluates market trends, gives best practice examples and provides market projections until 2015. The U.S. Parental App Market 2015 report also thoroughly analyzes the profiles of the most successful parental apps, to illustrate the present state of the art, and provides information on the competitive landscape by including more than 30 profiles of key market players.
Mobile apps that accompany parents during the first years of their children’s life are a rather small market compared to the whole app-economy. Nevertheless, they represent a market fragment which is highly relevant for their users. They can become a permanent companion during the first years of the life of a baby. With every parent in the U.S. owning at least a smartphone or a tablet by 2015, there will be an unprecedented demand for solutions which allow parents to constantly be informed about their children’s development. Moreover, monetization chances for parental apps are high because of daily multi-time usage, high brand awareness, high relevance and the intrinsic sharing need of parents. Thus, parental apps should on average be able to charge higher app download prices, generate in-app advertisement and purchase revenues compared to apps of other categories.
Mobile apps that support parents to securely raise their children are of high value. App developers can build their apps upon strong mobile use cases like:
- Never miss a moment: There is a strong demand for capturing every important and not so important moment of a baby’s life. Diary apps help parents to capture the first smile, the first word etc., comment, organize and share those captures.
- Peace of mind: To get immediate access to information and guidance on e.g. vaccinations, diseases and “how-to” guides is a powerful mobile use case for parents.
- Quantified self: How much a baby grew over time or how often a baby eats are topics that most parents carefully follow. Tracking apps support parents in measuring, tracking and visualizing core body KPIs (e.g. weight and height) or food intake in a very convenient way.
The U.S. Parental App Market 2015 report analyzes the opportunities that parental apps offer for the mobile industry by covering key topics like:
- Facts about target group sizes, app downloads, app revenue, in-app purchase revenue, app numbers and much more
- Categorization and description of parental app market by app types
- More than 30 profiles of key market players
- 10 best-practice examples of parental apps
- Detailed analyses per operating system, device type, app category and business model
- Development of the supply and demand until 2015
- Market size until 2015, with details on the most successful operating system, app category and revenue source
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Amrita
+1 718 303 2019
This IDC Vendor Profile is one in a series of IDC studies that examine automated software quality solutions and provides both vendor analysis and customer reference context for technology adoption. This ...
Global Exploration and Production Software Market: Overview The report provides analysis of the Exploration & Production (E&P) Software market for the period 2014–2024, wherein the years from 2016 to ...
WLAN hardware to play a significant role in augmenting the growth prospects in the enterprise WLAN market This study has been done on a global level covering five regions broadly, North America, Europe, ...