Table of Contents
Adoption of Communication Technologies Will Drive Revenue
The multiplication and adoption of wireless standards across the region will be the main drivers for the growth of the general purpose test equipment market in Europe in the foreseeable future. While the shift from traditional box instrumentation to modular instrumentation will continue, the region is also expected to witness shifts that will alter the geographic landscape of the market. The research methodology for this study consists of significant primary research with market participants. The study provides current and future market size information and identifies the factors expected to impact market growth from 2013 to 2018. A competitive analysis is also provided at the product segment level. The base year for the analysis is 2012.
•In 2012, the total European general purpose (GP) test equipment market generated $Xmillion in revenue. It will grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) ofX percent to reach $Xmillion in 2019.
•The main factors driving revenue growth for all the product segments in the market are multiplication and massive adoption of wireless standards across the region. Significant upgrades and the migration towards 4G technologies will generate demand for products with new and improved functionalities.
•The communications end-user segment held the largest market share with Xpercent in terms of sales revenue, followed by the aerospace and defense (A&D) segment and the computing segment with X percent andXpercent, respectively.
•Consumer electronics and computing will be the fastest growing segments for the GP test equipment market followed by automotive and industrial electronics. The main contributing factor is the increased adoption of wireless and broadband technologies in devices across these vertical markets.
•Some of the factors restraining the market would be associated with the recurring economic crisis, long sales cycles, market maturity, and price sensitivity.
•Modular test instruments will be stronger competition for traditional instruments. Such instruments are expected to gain increasing shares throughout the forecast period.
•The oscilloscopes segment held the largest share with Xpercent followed by spectrum analyzers, multimeters, and signal generators with Xpercent, X percent, and X percent.
•Germany continues to hold the highest market share with X percent followed by Russia and CIS countries with X percent, the United Kingdom (UK) withX percent, and France with Xpercent.
1. The market will exhibit mature, single-digit growth rates in the coming years.
2. Increasing partnerships among the leading vendors and local distributors will be witnessed during the forecast period.
3. LTE has already been adopted in the major countries of Europe. Demand for test equipment will be generated because of the shift from 2G and 3G to 4G.
4. Since the market in the region is mature, vendors need to differentiate themselves by leveraging their innovation capabilities and entering niche segments.
5. The demand for high-frequency and high-performance test equipment will increase.
The European GP test equipment market is divided into the following nine product segments:
•Arbitrary waveform generators
The form factors considered in the scope of this research are:
•Portable or handheld
The total European market is segmented into the following countries or geographic regions:
•Iberia (which includes Portugal and Spain)
•Benelux (which includes Belgium, Netherlands and Luxemburg)
•Scandinavia (which includes Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
•Rest of Western Europe (which includes Austria, Greece, and Switzerland)
•Eastern Europe—Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, Slovenia, Baltic states, Romania, and Bulgaria
•Russia, CIS, and other countries (CIS and other countries include Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Belarus, Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan, Lithuania, Turkmenistan, Latvia, Estonia, Georgia, Armenia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Moldova)
The end-user segments considered in the study are:
•Others include government, medical equipment, educational institutions, and professional repair and maintenance services
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
• Is the GP test equipment market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
• Are the existing competitors structured correctly to meet customer needs?
• How is the revenue split across various countries or regions in Europe? How does the revenue split appear across different vertical markets?
• What is the competitive landscape for product segments covered in the study?
• How are the distributors adapting to the changing market condition and customer dynamic?
• Are partnerships necessary for vendors to maintain and improve market position?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Amrita
+1 718 303 2019
The expansion of the global AC motor industry is forecast to reach 0.6% p.a. in the coming years. Between 2010 and 2016 the market increased with an average annual growth of 3.7%. Currently, AC motors ...
The expansion of the global AC generator industry is forecast to reach 0.6% p.a. in the coming years. Between 2010 and 2016 the market increased with an average annual growth of 0.7%. Currently, AC generators ...
The expansion of the global electric generator and motor industry is forecast to reach 0.6% p.a. in the coming years. Between 2010 and 2016 the market increased with an average annual growth of 3.8%. Currently, ...