Table of Contents
Analysis of Key Industry Trends and Global Growth Opportunities
This strategic C-level research service aims at providing an overview of key trends and tectonic shifts that are expected to take place in the power generation market. We have considered the power generation segment and outlined analysis of next game changing markets of the future and what impact they could potentially have on the global power generation markets. Diverse business models, partnership ventures, economic impact analysis, competitive perspectives, key integrated industry trends have been analyzed to bring a CEO 360 perspective to the study.
- Power generation has been chosen by Frost & Sullivan due to the extensive nature of the investments required.
- This scorecard will analyze the main activities within the power generation industry.
- The IEA predicts that power investments will account for more than half the total investments in energy to 2035, and of this, xxpercent will be within power generation.
- Actionable insights are provided for each issue-based analysis.
The Next Big Trends Emerging in the Power Generation Industry
- Coal will remain a major source of electricity generation into the future. It is expected to account forxx percent of all power generation in 2030. China and India will account for xx percent of the new demand.
- Approximately xxpercent of all natural gas reserves are controlled by national oil companies (NOCs), prompting international oil companies (IOCs) to look at new business models and diversification into power generation.
- Natural gas supply infrastructure will require a $xxtrillion global investment to meet demands. Increasing supplies have lowered prices, making gas an attractive option for power generation.
- To develop and begin commercial deployment of carbon capture and storage (CCS) technologies, a $xx trillion investment is required to build power plants. Using carbon dioxide-enhanced oil recovery can aid in subsidizing these investments and act as a stimulus towards CCS implementation.
- From 2015 to 2050, China plans to increase its nuclear capacity tenfold to xx GW, leading all nations significantly. India is beginning an ambitious nuclear program as well.
- Annual investments in renewables reached $xx billion globally in 2010. By 2035, renewable capacity will triple, making it the fastest-growing electricity source.
- The European Union will generate xx– percent of its electricity from offshore sites by 2020, punctuating the need for high-voltage direct current (HVDC) transmission line development to connect remote renewable assets.
- The projected compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of the smart grid market to 2020 is xx and will create a total market size of $xxbillion, driven by the demand for power quality and increased efficiency.
- Saudi Arabia needs a projected capacity of xx GW by 2023—a xxpercent increase from 2007 levels. Middle East electricity demand booms as the wealthy nations try to diversify electricity sources in the face of a natural gas crunch.
- China’s investment in renewable energy in 2010 was $xx billion, with a projected cumulative investment of $xx billion by 2020. This has spurred a rapidly growing renewable industry in China as it fast becomes a global leader.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
The expansion of the global electric generator and motor industry is forecast to reach 0.6% p.a. in the coming years. Between 2010 and 2016 the market increased with an average annual growth of 3.8%. Currently, ...
The report package Electric Generator and Motor Market in Asia to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts offers the most up-to-date industry data on the actual market situation, and future outlook ...
The report package Electric Generating Set Market in Asia to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts offers the most up-to-date industry data on the actual market situation, and future outlook fo ...