Table of Contents
Identification of Projects in Emerging Economies Augments Growth Prospects
This research service analyzes the global trends in the biometrics market in the government sector. Products involved in the revenue calculation involve biometric hardware and middleware. Increased preference for safety and security, especially in growing economies, is expected to have a positive impact on the biometrics market. The focus of the study is on challenges and factors that are likely to drive the market growth in the coming years. The study provides region-wide analysis in addition to providing competitive analysis. This deliverable will provide key market participants with the necessary business intelligence to help them accelerate growth in a fast-paced market.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- Is the market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
- What are the key growth drivers and restraints for the market?
- What are the potential areas of growth globally, and regionally?
- How will the structure of the market change with time? Is it ripe for acquisitions?
- What are the potential areas of growth globally by application?
- Are the vendors in the space ready to manage alone, or do they need partnerships to take their business to the next level?
- The global market for biometrics in government applications is at the growth phase of the Gaussian curve. It is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of xx% between 2012 and 2019.
- While Europe and North America were early adopters of the technology and account for a major share of the world market, the future demand is expected to be steady. Emerging economies such as Brazil, India, South Africa, the Middle East, Russia, and China are expected to embrace this technology, thereby offering considerable growth opportunities.
- Despite several national ID projects being implemented across emerging economies, border control is expected dominate the market over the forecast period. Law enforcement continues to grow steadily with implementations only in emerging economies.
- As projects in the government sector are finalized through tenders and contracts, system integrators hold the majority of power in this market. Hence, the choice of system integrators plays a major role in the successful implementation and integration of biometric system over the forecast period.
- Despite accuracy, reliability, and performance being the most important factors in decision making, customer purchase decisions vary with respect to the application and project. Other factors influencing purchase decisions include customer references, global presence, and price.
- Fingerprint continues to be the biggest market. However, face and iris recognition is gaining prominence.
- National ID offers extensive opportunities in emerging economies.
- Handheld readers are expected to gain prominence in certain applications.
- Market is expected to become consolidated over the forecast period.
- Opportunities for middleware/software vendors are expected over long term.
Biometrics is a technology that uses a human beings’ characteristics or physiology to identify or authenticate the personnel. Based on the technology, it is classified as fingerprint, facial, iris, hand geometry, voice, signature, and others.
Biometric product types are comprised of hardware devices, hardware documents, support, and middleware. The products involved in revenue calculation involve biometric hardware and middleware. The service and maintenance are also included as a part of the research. With respect to applications, the scope of the research is classified into border control, law enforcement, and national ID.
- ePassports and Biometric Visas include hardware, middleware, and support.
- ePassports are comprised of an embedded chip in the physical passport, as well as the standard document.
- Biometric Visas are verification measures used by border control officials to allow a passenger to enter the country.
- eGates (also known as Automated Border Control systems or ABC systems) allow passengers to pass through border crossings without the need of separate verification by a border control official.
- Mobile Terminals are handheld terminals that allow border control officials to perform random traveler checks.
- This segment excludes ePassports and Biometric Visas. Government-issued ID cards include hardware, middleware, and support.
- ID Cards (National ID, Driving Licenses, Healthcare and Welfare Cards) are documents issued by governments to increase control over identity, with the aim of facilitating access to social services.
- National Census (also known as Unique Identification, UID) is being implemented in India. Its main purpose is to make a register of the entire nation.
- National Voting Systems, which will be deployed throughout nations, are intended to facilitate access to the voting system.
- All estimates provided include the maintenance of the systems and the hardware.
- AFIS (Automated Fingerprint Identification System) is a system used by Law Enforcement agencies to identify criminals. This is a system that has substituted manual paper identification.
- Handheld Terminals are devices that allow a police officer to verify a person’s identity in real time while mobile.
- Automated Booking Stations are stationary devices that allow the capture of individuals’ biometrics. They are used by first responders for enrolment as well as officers in penitentiaries for jail visitor check in and check out.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Use this report to: - Evaluate the market opportunity for voice recognition technology providers. - Learn about the advances in machine learning, statistical data-mining techniques, ubiquitous mobile ...
“Video surveillance market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 15.4% between 2017 and 2022” The video surveillance market was valued at 30.37 billion in 2016 and is projected to reach USD 75.64 billion ...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Airport Security Equipment in US$ Thousand by the following Product Segments: Explosives Detection, X-ray & Infrared Equipment, Metal Detectors, Perimete ...