Table of Contents
Growth in Inspection Segment will Boost Software Sales
This study analyzes the current and future trends in the global surface mount technology (SMT) equipment software market. A decline in demand for manufacturing products from various high volume end-user industries urged manufacturers to focus on lean manufacturing, thereby eliminating non-value-adding operations, redefining processes, and optimizing process flow on the shop floor. Also included are product, technology, and regional market analyses, along with a competitive analysis. This research service provides the necessary business intelligence to accelerate growth in a fast-paced market. The base year is 2012 and the forecast period is 2013-2019.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- Is the SMT equipment software market growing? How long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
- Is this an industry or a market? Will the companies involved continue to exist, or will other companies acquire them? Will the products become features in other markets?
- Which are the high-growth segments, and how is the market segmented by applications?
- Does the software offered today meeting customers’ needs, or is additional development needed?
- Are the vendors in the space ready to venture alone, or do they need partnerships to take their businesses to the next level?
- The surface mount technology (SMT) equipment software market is growing within the SMT industry. A decline in demand for manufacturing products from various high volume end-user industries urged manufacturers to focus on lean manufacturing, thereby eliminating non-value-adding operations, redefining processes, and optimizing process flow on the shop floor.
- Within the market, the integration software segment ranks high with an increasing number of independent software providers offering manufacturing solutions to top-tier original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and electronic manufacturing service (EMS) providers.
- The SMT inspection equipment software segment will prove to be the highest growing segment of the total SMT equipment software market. The projected compound annual growth rate (CAGR) is xx% between 2012 and 2019.
- Factory automation software and manufacturing equipment software (MES) continue to grow in acceptance.
- A major trend emerged with the switch from wave software to reflow ovens. Since using minimal amounts of lead in electronics manufacturing took hold, reflow ovens are replacing wave soldering.
- Reflow ovens overtake wave soldering at a high penetration rate as end users move from traditional wave software to reflow software.
- The installation of selective soldering equipment with advanced software created a growing trend.
- Increased outsourcing within the electronics industry allows the global SMT equipment software market to flourish.
- The SMT equipment software market will see maximum demand from the consumer electronics segment.
- The market is increasingly competitive and, therefore, more price sensitive.
- Automated optical inspection (AOI) and X-ray software will drive the inspection equipment software market.
- The market will experience increased demand from medical, aerospace and defense, and automotive verticals. The third-party software providers will target companies that purchase advanced software.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Global Exploration and Production Software Market: Overview The report provides analysis of the Exploration & Production (E&P) Software market for the period 2014–2024, wherein the years from 2016 to ...
WLAN hardware to play a significant role in augmenting the growth prospects in the enterprise WLAN market This study has been done on a global level covering five regions broadly, North America, Europe, ...
Medical Image Analysis Software Market (Software Type - Integrated Software and Standalone Software; Imaging Type - 2D Imaging, 3D Imaging, and 4D Imaging; Modality - CT, MRI, PET, SPECT, Ultrasound, and ...