Table of Contents
Ecompassing Defines Law of Attraction for Magnetic Sensors
This study analyzes the magnetic sensors markets at a global level. The study period is 2009–2019, and the base year is 2012. Market dynamics, competitive factors, market size, unit shipment, growth rates, forecast, end-user segmentation (automotive, consumer electronics and cell phones, industrial and medical, etc.) geographic segmentation (NA, EU, APAC and ROW), and market share analysis have been provided. Automotive continues to be a major revenue generator but it is cell phone applications that are currently grabbing attention mainly due to the high volumes. Although the automotive sector witnessed a dip in 2012, it is expected to provide opportunities for magnetic sensors due to its penetration in new applications and mandates, etc.
•The global market for magnetic sensors that finds applications in automotive, cell phones, consumer electronics, commercial, and industrial areas has been growing at a steady pace.
•Hall magnetic sensors dominate the market yet magnetoresistive sensors (especially AMR) pose a challenge for these traditional hall devices, as magnetoresistive sensors continue to be used in a variety of applications where hall magnetic sensors are also used.
•SQUID sensors continued to register a very modest growth of less than X% a year.
•Manufacturers are investing more on further improvements in magnetic sensor technologies, attributed mainly to the significant growth and demand. There have been developments both in technology and application areas where the magnetic sensors have evolved in areas of sensitivity, size (compactness), packaging and flexibility. Like any other sensor product trend, miniaturization is a trend in the magnetic sensors market too.
•Magnetic sensors are used in high-cost applications (e.g., automotive and industrial) as well as low-cost applications (e.g., consumer electronic products).
•Although the automotive end-user segment continues to be a significant source of revenue for the magnetic sensors market, new areas are opening up exciting business arenas for magnetic sensors. These include smartphones, gaming, personal electronics, and so on. Other new areas include the industry and energy segment in the future where the driver will be improved-efficiency.
1. Magnetic sensors market is primarily driven by the demand from cell phone and automotive end-user segments.
2. Ecompassing is one of the rapidly expanding application areas for magnetic sensors. The rise in global shipments of smartphones, tablets, and other electronic gadgets is further expected to increase the penetration of ecompasses.
3. Renewable energy (e.g., solar installations and wind turbines) is likely to drive magnetic sensors growth in the industrial market.
4. Product and technology innovations, new end-user applications, compatibility with devices, and competitive pricing are critical ingredients for a robust magnetic sensors market growth.
5. Demand from Asia-Pacific and Latin America is likely to further enable technology and product developments.
Hall Magnetic Sensors
Sensors based on the ‘Hall Effect’ technology. The hall IC consists of Hall element and signal conditioning circuitry to convert the Hall element output into a digital output.
Magnetoresistance (MR) Sensor
Magnetoresistance is the property of a material to change the value of its electrical resistance when an external magnetic field is applied to it. The effect was first discovered by William Thomson (more commonly known as Lord Kelvin) in 1856. The market for magnetoresistive sensors is broken into the anisotropic magnetoresistive (AMR) sensors segment and the giant magnetoresistive (GMR) sensors segment.
SQUID Magnetic Sensors
This research service defines a superconducting quantum interference device (SQUID) as a sensor component that contains one or more Josephson Junctions. A SQUID sensor is defined as the sensing element itself. Other associated electronics, packaging, or components are not calculated in the valuation of this market. Both low temperature SQUID (LTS), and high temperature SQUID (HTS) are analyzed under the SQUID magnetic sensors segment.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
• Is the market growing? How long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
• What are the key growth drivers and restraints for the market?
• What are the potential areas of growth, region wise?
• How will the end-user structure of the market change with time?
• What are the potential areas of growth globally, end-user- and application-wise?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Use this report to: - Analyze various applications of the fiber optic sensor market and market dynamics of each application. - Evaluate growth strategies by key players in the fiber optic sensor market. ...
Use this report to: - Analyzes the various applications of sensors and the markets for such applications. - Review the markets for various emerging technologies in sensors and new products utilizing these ...
Use this report to: - Learn about the important role that sensors play in Internet of Things (IoT) applications. - Gain an insight in to the opportunities that the IoT provides for sensor manufacturers. ...