Table of Contents
Predictions in HIS Through 2019
This research study provides an understanding of the healthcare information systems (HIS) within the context of the European market. HIS can be broadly segmented into clinical and non-clinical segments as well as into software and services segments, based on vendor product and service offerings. The scope for Europe includes the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Scandinavia, and Benelux. In addition to drivers and restraints that are of key impact to the HIS market, revenue forecasts are presented to 2019, both by country and by software and services. This includes licensed software/SaaS cloud and maintenance or upgraded sub-segmentations.
• The objective of the research service is to present a comprehensive analysis of the European Hospital Information Systems (HIS) market with respect to market potential and key market dynamics.
• The regional scope of the analysis is focused on United Kingdom (UK), Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Scandinavia, and Benelux.
• The study also covers factors driving the growth, challenges affecting the industry, and opportunities within the total market and the market segments as estimated for the forecast period.
• The study period covered by this service for the HIS market is from 2009 to 2019, with the base year as 2012 and forecast period from 2013 to 2019.
• The HIS market in Europe is fairly mature, with penetration rates as high as% in administrative and financial systems and around % in clinical systems.
• With governments across Europe urging the adoption of healthcare IT and displaying the need for a majority of the hospitals to renew legacy HIS systems, the market is slated to grow at a modest CAGR of – %.
• The renewal segment of the HIS market is currently leading in revenue generation compared to the new installations segment. However, new HIS installations are expected to outpace the growth of renewals over the next few years, as the former can cater to the needs of interoperability and seamless access to patient information by all stakeholders.
• The software market for HIS is expected to slowly but steadily transition from classical-licensed software to user-licensed models, such as SaaS and cloud, wherein the percentage split between them is expected to reach an equilibrium by end of the decade.
• The maintenance segment in the services market for HIS will retain its status as a sustainable, revenue-generating segment by consistently growing between 2012 and 2019.
• The upgrades market in the services category will evolve from its current nascent stage to a high-growth market as hospitals and other end users are keen to update their software product versions periodically.
• Price sensitivity affects purchases of HIS, especially for small-medium sized hospitals as large hospitals are more focused on quality systems that are technologically advanced.
• HIS vendors are bundling costs when setting the price of HIS—with software licensing, maintenance, and upgrades as the cost components. This bundling is based on the size of hospital, number of end users or user licenses, and other parameters.
• There is an increase in strategic alliances and acquisitions among the various participants in a bid to increase data collaboration, health information exchange, product portfolio expansion, and entry to new markets where there is high dominance of regional participants.
• France, Germany, Scandinavia, and Benelux are showing immense growth potential in the HIS market in Europe, while the UK, being a key revenue generator in the region, is currently expected to sustain growth as it heads towards saturation.
• Italy and Spain are under the grips of European economic crisis and the HIS market in these regions are expected to recover slowly post-2013 as the pressure from the debt crisis eases.
Scope and Segmentation
Geographic Coverage: Europe
Study Period: 2009–2019
Base Year: 2012
Forecast Period: 2013–2019
Monetary Unit: US dollars
Conversion Rate: €1.00 = $
• HIS is an integrated system used for managing the clinical, administrative, and financial data of end users such as hospitals and healthcare providers.
• HIS is used to collect, analyse, store, and retrieve information regarding the patients. This information can be remotely accessed at any point of care and enables ease of patient data management.
• HIS can be broadly segmented into clinical and non-clinical segments based on the application of the data. In addition, HIS is also segmented into software and services segments based on the product/service offerings of the HIS vendors.
• The scope of the analysis pertains to the European region including the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Scandinavia, and Benelux.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
• Is the HIS market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate? What is the future potential of the market?
• What are the key drivers and restraints impacting the growth opportunities in HIS market in Europe?
• What is the market potential of various segments in the HIS market and what are the major market forces affecting these segments?
• What is the regional landscape for HIS market in Europe and how is government spending, healthcare regulations and other factors affecting these markets?
• Who are the major market participants in HIS market in Europe and what are their major service/product offerings?
• What are the prices and key components of price of HIS offered by the vendors for small, medium and large hospitals?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Global Exploration and Production Software Market: Overview The report provides analysis of the Exploration & Production (E&P) Software market for the period 2014–2024, wherein the years from 2016 to ...
“Increasing BYOD trend is driving the growth” MarketsandMarkets estimates the global mobile Business Intelligence (BI) market to grow from USD 4.08 billion in 2016 to USD 11.13 billion by 2021, at ...
The clinical decision support systems market is expected to reach USD 1,519.2 million by 2021 from USD 856.3 million in 2016, at a CAGR of 12.2% during the forecast period from 2016 to 2021. The government ...