Table of Contents
Smartphone Sales Boost Market Growth Potential
- The SD memory cards market in Asia-Pacific and emerging regions is on a high growth path.
- The countries considered as part of the emerging regions in this study include China, Japan, India, Korea, and Singapore. Also included are Central and Eastern Europe, Latin America, Africa, and the Middle East.
- Asia-Pacific and emerging regions are experiencing a wave of modernization and technological awareness, including an increase in disposable income for consumers.
- These factors along with the increasing penetration of 3G services and smartphone growth are expected to boost the SD memory cards market in these regions.
- Feature and smartphone sales will drive global SD card growth.
- The North American and European markets are mature and will witness dull growth.
- Asia-Pacific and the emerging regions provide great scope for growth, especially in the micro SD segment.
- The SD standard segment growth will be fueled by a demand for state-of-the-art DSLR equipment.
- Most SD card vendors are trying to innovate existing product lines to revive customer interest.
- Secure digital (SD) is a non-volatile format for storage, typically used in a number of portable devices such as mobile phones, digital cameras, and tablet computers.
- For the scope of this study, the SD memory cards market is segmented into the following categories:
oSD standard for digital cameras:
- SD: Up to xx gigabyte (GB)
- SDHC: xx to xx GB
- SDXC: xxGB toxx terabyte (TB)
oMicro SD for feature and smartphones:
- Micro SD: Up to xxGB
- Micro SDHC: xx to xx GB
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- What is the current market scenario? Is the market growing? How long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
- In what stage is this market? Will these products continue to be in demand, or will they be replaced by other lower-end products?
- How will the structure of the market change over time? Is the market ripe for acquisitions?
- Are the products/services offered today meeting customer needs, or is additional development needed?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Computers & Tablets Summary Computers and Tablets in United Kingdom (UK) will grow at a modest 0.4% in 2017, as price inflation reduces consumer appetite to spend on big-ticket items. The market will recove ...
"Smartphone sales in mature markets are approaching saturation, while developing markets will continue to see healthy sales growth until 2021." This report analyses the smartphone market and describes ...
"Total service revenue in emerging Asia–Pacific will grow rapidly, driven by network coverage expansion and service upgrades." Growth in mobile data, fixed broadband and IPTV revenue will compensate ...